2017: ARGENTINA RENEWABLE ENERGY YEAR
Argentina has declared 2017 as the ‘Renewable Energy Year’ as the country looks to increase awareness about the advantages of renewable energy and the important of sustainability. A decree issued by the government calls for energy diversification through the use of renewable energy sources in the electricity generation as well as thermal energy sector. The decree states the country’s target of having a 20% share of renewable energy in electricity consumption by 2025.
Argentina has set targets to increase the share of renewable energy to 20% in the energy mix by 2025. Another target called for 8% renewable energy share in electricity consumption by 2017. As a result, several renewable energy auctions are expected to take place in the country over the next few years. The government is expected to auction 10 gigawatts of renewable energy capacity by 2025. In October of last year, the government allocated 1.1 GWatts of renewable energy projects through a competitive auction. This included 400 megawatts of solar power capacity, and wind energy, bioenergy, and small hydro power projects were also allocated. The auction attracted bids for 6,366 megawatts of capacity.
An additional 516 megawatts of solar PV capacity was allocated in another auction in November 2016. (Source: Mercopress – Image: Loma Blanca wind farm in Patagonia / Argentinian Independent)
- SAIPEM AND SUBSEA 7 – A POSSIBLE MERGER TO CREATE A GIANT 19th November 2019
- SHEARWATER GEOSERVICES AWARDED LARGEST EVER 4D CAMPAIGN IN THE ASIA PACIFIC 18th November 2019
- TOTAL FLOWS FIRST GAS FROM IARA IN THE SANTOS BASIN DEEPWATER 18th November 2019
- ADNOC AND TOTAL – WORLD’S FIRST AUTOMATED SEISMIC ACQUISITION 14th November 2019
- IRAN HAS DISCOVERED NEW GIANT OILFIELD IN KHUZESTAN PROVINCE 11th November 2019
- ENCANA TO LEAVE CANADA AND ESTABLISH HEADQUARTERS IN THE UNITED STATES 08th November 2019
- SAIPEM 7000 ESTABLISHES NEW LIFTING RECORD FOR THE GULF OF MEXICO 31st October 2019
- BP AND KOSMOS ENERGY MAKE MAJOR GAS DISCOVERY OFFSHORE MAURITANIA 29th October 2019