3t ENERGY GROUP TO ACQUIRE PETROFAC’S UK TRAINING BUSINESSES
3t Energy Group has exchanged contracts with Petrofac on a major transformational acquisition for the purchase of its UK training centres. The purchase includes Petrofac’s Survival and Marine, Health and Safety, Fire, and Major Emergency Management capability and facilities in Scotland. The value of the acquisition is undisclosed.
The purchase adds Marine training and further Major Emergency Management capabilities to the Group, extending its capability to service customers’ needs. 3t Energy will now become a supplier to Petrofac for its in-person UK training requirements, which consolidates it as the UK’s largest provider of global energy training services.
The purchase of Petrofac’s UK training centres adds to 3t Energy’s existing training centres in the UK, and compliments the Group’s state-of-the-art digital learning and workforce development technology, 3t Transform.
3t Energy Group is backed by Blue Water Energy, the specialist private equity firm. The purchase by 3t Energy is the Group’s fourth acquisition in three years, adding to its world-renowned group of advanced training businesses:
• 3t Transform (Learning technology & workforce development solutions)
• Survivex and AIS (in-person, technology-enabled training for onshore, offshore, renewable & industrial markets)
• Drilling Systems (Software based drilling simulation)
Kevin Franklin, CEO of 3t Energy Group, says:
“Buying Petrofac’s UK in-person training presence was an excellent opportunity that we had to explore. It allows us to extend our customer offering and demonstrates our commitment to providing the very best training to the energy industry.”
“We’re proud that our state-of-the-art training makes our clients’ businesses safer, more efficient and more profitable. With Petrofac’s strong training pedigree and world-class staff, the acquisition both broadens and strengthens our market leading offer.”
(Source: Petrofac/3T Energy – Image : 3T Energy)
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023