VIETNAM: 6 BILLION CUBIC METERS OF HYDROCARBONS FROM MOC TINH AND HAI THACH FIELD
The cumulative output of the Moc Tinh and Hai Thach fields had totaled some 6.6 billion cubic meters since 2003 when Gazprom Group joined the project. In 2016, the parties achieved their yearly goals for hydrocarbon production (2 billion cubic meters) ahead of schedule. Gazprom International and PetroVietnam had completed the five-year program for drilling operations in December 2016, with a total of 16 development wells drilled at Vietnam’s fields in compliance with the development plan.
The Moc Tinh and Hai Thach fields are located within licensed blocks Nos. 05–2 and 05–3 in the Nam Con Son Basin. Unlike other Vietnam fields, Hai Thach and Moc Tinh have high temperature, high pressure reservoirs and lie in water depth of up to 140 m. The project operator is the Bien Dong petroleum operating company. Gazprom is represented in the joint venture by Gazprom International, a specialized company for the implementation of oil and gas projects outside Russia. (Source and image: Gazprom – Offshore facility in Moc Tinh Basin)
- PSA INVESTIGATES FATAL ACCIDENT ON MAERSK INTERCEPTOR 09th December 2017
- YAMAL LNG PRODUCES FIRST COMMERCIAL LNG 07th December 2017
- PROCUCTION STARTS AT HEBRON FIELD 29th November 2017
- BRAZIL: LIBRA GIANT FIELD ON STREAM 28th November 2017
- OPENING MOMENTS OF CHERNOBYL TRAGEDY REWRITTEN 26th November 2017