VIETNAM: 6 BILLION CUBIC METERS OF HYDROCARBONS FROM MOC TINH AND HAI THACH FIELD
The cumulative output of the Moc Tinh and Hai Thach fields had totaled some 6.6 billion cubic meters since 2003 when Gazprom Group joined the project. In 2016, the parties achieved their yearly goals for hydrocarbon production (2 billion cubic meters) ahead of schedule. Gazprom International and PetroVietnam had completed the five-year program for drilling operations in December 2016, with a total of 16 development wells drilled at Vietnam’s fields in compliance with the development plan.
The Moc Tinh and Hai Thach fields are located within licensed blocks Nos. 05–2 and 05–3 in the Nam Con Son Basin. Unlike other Vietnam fields, Hai Thach and Moc Tinh have high temperature, high pressure reservoirs and lie in water depth of up to 140 m. The project operator is the Bien Dong petroleum operating company. Gazprom is represented in the joint venture by Gazprom International, a specialized company for the implementation of oil and gas projects outside Russia. (Source and image: Gazprom – Offshore facility in Moc Tinh Basin)
- ELON MUSK UNVEILS TESLA SEMI 18th November 2017
- PEMEX LARGEST ONSHORE DISCOVERY IN 15 YEARS 06th November 2017
- FIRST WHEATSTONE LNG CARGO DEPARTS FOR JAPAN 01st November 2017
- CHEVRON STARTS LNG PRODUCTION AT WHEATSTONE 10th October 2017
- BORR DRILLING ACQUIRES PREMIUM JACKUP RIGS FROM PPL SHIPYARD 09th October 2017