ABB INNOVATION CENTER OPENS IN MONTREAL
ABB Innovation Center was officially inaugurated . The new $90 million state-of-the-art Canadian headquarters and Customer Innovation Center, which will serve 700 employees who were previously spread across six locations in Greater Montreal. Campus Montreal houses research and development, manufacturing, assembly and testing for ABB’s energy value chain.
“The new headquarters reaffirms ABB’s commitment to Canada as a growth market and an important customer base,” said ABB CEO Ulrich Spiesshofer. “It strengthens our capacity to provide our leading offering to our customers and support them with the digital transformation of their operations. We are in the midst of the Fourth Industrial Revolution, and this site has been designed to enable our workforce to unlock value for Canadian enterprises.”
Campus Montreal is the home of ABB’s Customer Innovation Center, which showcases ABB Ability, the company’s comprehensive digital offering. By combining ABB’s deep domain expertise with network connectivity and the latest digital technologies and innovations, ABB Ability creates powerful solutions and services that address real business problems and produce tangible business opportunities.
This new site is an example of ABB’s broad and longstanding engagement in Canada. In parallel, the company announced a number of major Canadian projects. Among these was an agreement to modernize 10 large seagoing ships for the Canadian Coast Guard, equipping them with upgraded propulsion systems. When combined with ABB’s Remote Diagnostic Service for maritime operations, the upgrade will enable the Coast Guard to extend the service life of the ships by 20 years.
- QATAR PETROLEUM SIGNS THE LARGEST SHIPBUILDING AGREEMENT IN HISTORY 02nd June 2020
- MAKO GAS FIELD BECOMES THE LARGEST GAS FIELD IN WEST NATUNA BASIN 26th May 2020
- NEPTUNE ENERGY CONDUCTS WORLD’S FIRST IN DUAL DRILLING SUBSEA AT FENJA FIELD 13th May 2020
- TOTAL REINFORCES ITS ACTION PLAN TO FACE THE CURRENT CRISIS 06th May 2020
- REPSOL AND PARTNERS MAKE TWO OIL DISCOVERIES OFFSHORE MEXICO 06th May 2020
- CHEVRON BOOKS PROFITS BUT TRIMS SAILS FOR DIFFICULT DAYS AHEAD 04th May 2020