WEATHERFORD CLOSES THE SALE OF SAUDI ARABIA LAND DRILLING BUSINESS
Weatherford International has completed the sale of its Precision Drilling Services Saudi Arabia land drilling operations, including 11 drilling rigs, 923 employees and associated customer contracts to ADES International Holding Ltd. for $92.5 million in cash.
In July 2018, a subsidiary of Weatherford signed definitive agreements with ADES International Holding Ltd. for the sale of Weatherford’s land drilling rig operations in Algeria, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia as well as two idle land rigs in Iraq, for an aggregate cash purchase price of $287.5 million (the “Transaction”). The Transaction includes 31 land drilling rigs and related drilling contracts, as well as approximately 2,300 employees and contract personnel.
This is the second in a series of four closings, the majority of which are expected to be completed by year-end 2018, subject to regulatory approvals, consents and other customary closing conditions. In November 2018, the Company announced the closing of the Kuwait land drilling rigs sale for $123 million in cash, and an additional $12 million in cash pending the delivery of the two idle land drilling rigs from Iraq. Weatherford will use the proceeds to reduce its debt.
ADES International Holding extends oil and gas drilling and production services through its subsidiaries and is a leading service provider in the Middle East and Africa, offering onshore and offshore contract drilling as well as workover and production services. Its over 3,400 employees serve clients including major national oil companies (“NOCs”) such as Saudi Aramco, Kuwait Oil Company and Sonatrach as well as joint ventures of NOCs with global majors including BP and Eni. While maintaining a superior health, safety and environmental record, the Group currently has a fleet of thirteen jack-up offshore drilling rigs, twenty six onshore drilling rigs, a jack-up barge, and a mobile offshore production unit (“MOPU”), which includes a floating storage and offloading unit. (Source: Weatherford – Image: ADES)
- AASTA HANSTEEN GAS FIELD ON STREAM 18th December 2018
- ARGENTINA: PETRONAS AND YPF TO INVEST $2.3 BILLION IN LA AMARGA CHICA 12th December 2018
- ENI STRIKES OIL IN THE AFOXE PROSPECT OFFSHORE ANGOLA 10th December 2018
- TALOS ENERGY COMMENCES ZAMA-2 APPRAISAL CAMPAIGN 04th December 2018
- EXXONMOBIL MAKES 10TH DISCOVERY IN STABROEK BLOCK OFFSHORE GUYANA 04th December 2018
- IXACHI BECOMES MEXICO’S LARGEST DISCOVERY IN 25 YEARS 03rd December 2018
- THE GIGANTIC AIRPORTS OF THE FUTURE – ISTANBUL, DAXING, CHANGI, LONG THANH 24th November 2018
- BP STARTS UP CLAIR RIDGE OIL PRODUCTION IN WEST OF SHETLAND 24th November 2018