ADUS DEEPOCEAN GROUNDBREAKING 3D LASER SURVEY
ADUS DeepOcean and DeepOcean Ghana have recently completed an innovative deepwater subsea 3D laser survey off the West Coast of Africa for Tullow Oil, the first extensive commercial survey of its kind, heralding a new era of high resolution, cost effective data acquisition subsea. The survey operations covered 12 drill centre locations and a total of 27 metrologies in water depths between 800 and 1800m water depth, setting new bench marks for high resolution contextual 3D survey whilst proving alternative and rapid ‘contactless’ solution to conventional metrology surveys.
The dynamic laser survey solution, from a moving ROV, comprised a deep rated 2G Robotics ULS 500 Pro Laser and Sonardyne’s SPRINT INS system. The performance of the systems outweighed expectations with accuracies approaching 1cm in dynamic operation. The accurate 3D ‘point clouds’ resulting from the survey, coupled with innovative modelling techniques developed in house, are providing DeepoOcean engineers with valuable quantitative & contextual information to better inform IMR tasks, and undertake metrology, thereby increasing efficiency for the client.
“The detail achieved by ADUS DeepOcean’s recent dynamic subsea laser surveys has far exceeded expectation. The data and images gathered have proved very valuable in increasing our understanding of the dynamics of the subsea assets, enabling more informed decision making.’ comments Hugues Villedey, Subsea Projects Manager in Tullow Ghana Limited.
The success of these recent survey operations has led to a further three-year contract for DeepOcean Ghana. (Source: Deepocean)
- MAERSK VOYAGER TO DRILL IN THE DEEPEST WATER DEPTH EVER DRILLED 15th January 2020
- EQUINOR TO EXTEND STATFJORD FIELD PRODUCTION TOWARDS 2040 10th January 2020
- APACHE AND TOTAL REPORT SIGNIFICANT OIL DISCOVERY OFFSHORE SURINAME 08th January 2020
- HYDEPLOY – FIRST HYDROGEN INJECTION INTO KEELE UNIVERSITY GAS NETWORK 04th January 2020
- REPSOL HITS OIL ON THE KANUKU LICENSE OFFSHORE GUYANA 03rd January 2020
- GAZPROM AND NAFTOGAZ SIGN MAJOR GAZ TRANSIT DEAL 02nd January 2020