AFGLOBAL SUCCESSFULLY TESTS DURASTIM PUMP IN THE PERMIAN BASIN
Houston based AFGlobal announced the successful completion of its field evaluation of the DuraStim pump in the Permian Basin. AFGlobal’s new patented pressure pumping technology offers end users tremendous advantages over traditional fracking technology and those offered by other electric and turbine based systems. The trial, which began last month, followed five years of stringent design and engineering, and significant in-house testing to prove out suitability for actual pressure pumping operations.
Designed by AFGlobal’s Pressure Pumping Technologies group, the DuraStim frac pump at 6000 HP, offers the equivalent of three times the effective horsepower of a conventional frac unit, while operating at approximately 10 percent of the cyclic rate. The DuraStim pump offers many advantages, including more than a 65 percent reduction in fleet footprint and manpower, while dramatically extending equipment life and reducing maintenance costs. This novel system, when coupled with an electric or turbine drive, is expected to also deliver a significant reduction in fuel consumption and emissions. Initially, AFGlobal will offer the system for sale with an electric direct drive, but expects to provide interested customers a turbine-direct drive system later in 2019, as well as a 3,000 HP diesel system later in 2019 or early 2020. The system will also offer a cloud-enabled control system to optimize the distribution of information and predictive maintenance to improve operational efficiencies.
The onshore and offshore application of the DuraStim technology can extend well beyond its pressure pumping application and is envisioned to be applied in other areas that can benefit from continuous flow pumps, including mud pumps, various midstream and downstream applications, and numerous other end uses.
AFGlobal expects to begin taking orders for DuraStim pumps in January 2019, for deliveries starting later in the second quarter.
AFGlobal is an oil and gas OEM specializing in technology, products, and services. Our fully-integrated manufacturing capabilities serve clients around the world. (Source: AFGlobal)
- AASTA HANSTEEN GAS FIELD ON STREAM 18th December 2018
- ARGENTINA: PETRONAS AND YPF TO INVEST $2.3 BILLION IN LA AMARGA CHICA 12th December 2018
- ENI STRIKES OIL IN THE AFOXE PROSPECT OFFSHORE ANGOLA 10th December 2018
- TALOS ENERGY COMMENCES ZAMA-2 APPRAISAL CAMPAIGN 04th December 2018
- EXXONMOBIL MAKES 10TH DISCOVERY IN STABROEK BLOCK OFFSHORE GUYANA 04th December 2018
- IXACHI BECOMES MEXICO’S LARGEST DISCOVERY IN 25 YEARS 03rd December 2018
- THE GIGANTIC AIRPORTS OF THE FUTURE – ISTANBUL, DAXING, CHANGI, LONG THANH 24th November 2018
- BP STARTS UP CLAIR RIDGE OIL PRODUCTION IN WEST OF SHETLAND 24th November 2018