AKER BP CONTRACTS DEEPSEA STAVANGER
Aker BP ASA has awarded an agreement to Odfjell Drilling for the lease of the semi-submersible drilling rig Deepsea Stavanger for a period of approximately 9 months, with commencement in February 2018. The contract is for exploration and development drilling at various locations in the Norwegian Sea and the Barents Sea. The contract value is estimated up to USD 68 million.
Deepsea Stavanger is a GVA 7500 ultra-deepwater semi-submersible built by Daewoo at Okpo in South Korea with delivery in 2010. (Source: Aker BP)
- TOTAL AND APACHE ANNOUNCE FOURTH DISCOVERY OFFSHORE SURINAME 14th January 2021
- PACIFIC DRILLING COMPLETES RESTRUCTURING AND EMERGES FROM CHAPTER 11 05th January 2021
- ENI AWARDED OPERATORSHIP OF ONE OF ABU DHABI’S LARGEST OFSSHORE CONCESSIONS 23rd December 2020
- RELIANCE FLOWS FIRST GAS FROM ASIA’S DEEPEST PROJECT OFF THE EAST COAST OF INDIA 21st December 2020
- ROSNEFT REPORTS UNIQUE GAS FIELD DISCOVERY IN THE KARA SEA 14th December 2020