AKER SOLUTIONS SECURES SERVICES CONTRACT FOR HEBRON PLATFORM OFFSHORE NEWFOUNDLAND
Aker Solutions has secured a five-year contract extension from ExxonMobil for the provision of engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) services for the Hebron platform, offshore Newfoundland.
The contract is an extension for a 5-year period, starting in the summer of 2020. Aker Solutions has provided EPC services to Hebron since 2015. The work will be led from Aker Solutions’ premises in St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador.
Aker Solutions estimates the contract value to be NOK 1.4 billion, which will be booked as order intake in the third quarter of 2020.
“We are delighted to be extending our strong relationship with ExxonMobil in Canada, and to further strengthen the international footprint of our brownfield services business,” says Linda Aase, executive vice president, brownfield projects, at Aker Solutions.
The Hebron oil field is located offshore Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada in the Jeanne d’Arc Basin 350 kilometres southeast of St. John’s. The field lays in 93 meters of water and was first discovered in 1980. It is estimated to produce more than 700 million barrels of recoverable resources.
The field is being developed using a stand-alone concrete gravity based structure (GBS). The GBS consists of a reinforced concrete structure designed to withstand sea ice, icebergs and meteorological and oceanographic conditions.
(Source: Aker Solutions/ExxonMobil – Image: Hebron platform/ExxonMobil)
- JACQUES SAADE FIRST LNG-POWERED 23,000 TEU CONTAINER SHIP JOINS CMA CGM FLEET 23rd September 2020
- EXXONMOBIL REPORTS 18th DISCOVERY OFFSHORE GUYANA 09th September 2020
- VLCC TANKER NEW DIAMOND ABLAZE OFF SRI LANKA 07th September 2020
- SCHLUMBERGER SELLS ITS NORTH AMERICAN FRACTURING BUSINESS TO LIBERTY 02nd September 2020
- EXELON GENERATION TO RETIRE BYRON AND DRESDEN NUCLEAL PLANTS IN 2021 28th August 2020
- NUCLEAR GENERATION REACHED NEAR-RECORD HIGH IN 2019 26th August 2020