AKER SOLUTIONS SECURES SERVICES CONTRACT FOR HEBRON PLATFORM OFFSHORE NEWFOUNDLAND
Aker Solutions has secured a five-year contract extension from ExxonMobil for the provision of engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) services for the Hebron platform, offshore Newfoundland.
The contract is an extension for a 5-year period, starting in the summer of 2020. Aker Solutions has provided EPC services to Hebron since 2015. The work will be led from Aker Solutions’ premises in St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador.
Aker Solutions estimates the contract value to be NOK 1.4 billion, which will be booked as order intake in the third quarter of 2020.
“We are delighted to be extending our strong relationship with ExxonMobil in Canada, and to further strengthen the international footprint of our brownfield services business,” says Linda Aase, executive vice president, brownfield projects, at Aker Solutions.
The Hebron oil field is located offshore Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada in the Jeanne d’Arc Basin 350 kilometres southeast of St. John’s. The field lays in 93 meters of water and was first discovered in 1980. It is estimated to produce more than 700 million barrels of recoverable resources.
The field is being developed using a stand-alone concrete gravity based structure (GBS). The GBS consists of a reinforced concrete structure designed to withstand sea ice, icebergs and meteorological and oceanographic conditions.
(Source: Aker Solutions/ExxonMobil – Image: Hebron platform/ExxonMobil)
- NOBLE CORPORATION FILES FOR CHAPTER 11 TO HANDLE 3.4 BILLION OF DEBT 04th August 2020
- VALARIS SELLS SIX DRILLING UNITS – FILING FOR BANKRUPTCY IS IMMINENT 03rd August 2020
- APACHE MAKES MAJOR OIL DISCOVERY AT KWASKWASI-1 OFFSHORE SURINAME 30th July 2020
- SCHLUMBERGER – THE MOST CHALLENGING QUARTER IN PAST DECADES 27th July 2020
- BAKER HUGHES REVENUE DOWN 21% YEAR-ON-YEAR 23rd July 2020
- CHEVRON TO ACQUIRE NOBLE ENERGY FOR $5 BILLION 21st July 2020
- HEEREMA’S SLEIPNIR BREAKS SINGLE LIFT RECORD AT JOTUN FIELD 20th July 2020
- CHINA TO BUILD 6 TO 8 NUCLEAR REACTORS ANNUALLY BETWEEN 2020 AND 2025 09th July 2020