ALFA LAVAL ACQUIRES DESMET AND STRENGTHEN POSITION IN THE RENEWABLE ENERGY ARENA
Alfa Laval has completed the acquisition of Desmet, part of the Desmet Ballestra Group, a world leader in engineering and supplying processing plants and technologies for edible oils and biofuel sectors. The acquisition will strengthen Alfa Laval’s position in the renewable energy arena and complement its offering within edible oils.
Desmet will strengthen Alfa Laval’s position in the market by adding know-how and expertise to accelerate future innovations within food, feed and biofuels – and support Alfa Laval’s transformation towards renewable fuels. The business acquired includes the operational units and brands of Rosedowns and Stolz, and had a turnover of approx. EUR 300 million in 2021 – and will operate as a stand-alone entity within the Food & Water Division of Alfa Laval.
Founded in Belgium in 1946, Desmet is a specialist in the supply of plants and equipment for the oilseeds & grains industry and the oils & derivatives industry with sales & execution locations across the world.
Alfa Laval, a Swedish company, founded in 1883, is a world leader in heat transfer, centrifugal separation and fluid handling, and is active in the areas of Energy, Marine, and Food & Water, offering its expertise, products, and service to a wide range of industries in some 100 countries.
(Source: Alfa Laval – Image: Desmet)
- EXXONMOBIL MAKES THE SIXTH AND SEVENTH DISCOVERIES OFFSHORE GUYANA THIS YEAR 27th July 2022
- THE SHARP DROP OF RECOVERABLE OIL WORLDWIDE TREATENS GLOBAL ENERGY SECURITY 09th July 2022
- ROSNEFT REPORTS LARGE OIL DISCOVERY IN THE PECHORA SEA 07th July 2022
- SINGAPORE – SEMCORP MARINE DELIVERS WORLD’S FIRST EIGHT GENERATION DRILLSHIP 30th June 2022
- SONATRACH MAKES IMPORTANT GAS AND CONDENSATE DISCOVERY IN HASSI R’MEL AREA 29th June 2022