ALLSEAS SECURES INSTALLATION WORK FOR NORFOLK BOREAS WIND PROJECT
Allseas has secured additional transport and installation (T&I) work for the offshore wind industry, providing services for Vattenfall’s Norfolk Boreas project off the coast of Norfolk, UK.
Located 47 kilometres off the Norfolk coast and with a capacity of 1.4 GW, Norfolk Boreas is the first phase of Vattenfall’s Norfolk Offshore Wind Zone.
The three platforms – Boreas, Vanguard East and Vanguard West – will house HVDC conversion technology. Topsides weights are between 10,000 and 11,300 tonnes, with the jackets weighing about 3000 tonnes.
Pioneering Spirit will install the Boreas platform in 2026.
(Source and image: Allseas – Image: Building Norfolk Boreas windfarm/Vattenfall)
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023