ANADARKO REACHES MOZAMBIQUE LNG MILESTONE
Anadarko Petroleum announced that it had finalized two agreements with the Government of Mozambique – together known as the “marine concessions” – which would allow it to design, build and operate the marine facilities for its LNG project in northern Mozambique. This follows the publication of the Mozambican Government Decrees approving those agreements.
“This is a key milestone on the path to a final investment decision (FID) for our initial two-train LNG project,” said Mitch Ingram, Anadarko Executive Vice President, Global LNG. “It marks the completion of the core components of the Legal and Contractual Framework with the Government. We will now look ahead with our plans to begin resettlement, which will enable the construction of the LNG plant. In addition, we continue to make good progress with our efforts to secure long-term LNG Sales and Purchase Agreements (SPAs) with premier buyers, and we will intensify our work to put in place the necessary financing for the project. We expect to take FID once the SPAs and financing are in place.”
Anadarko is developing Mozambique’s first onshore LNG plant consisting of two initial LNG trains with a total capacity of 12 million tonnes per annum (MTPA) to support the Golfinho/Atum field located entirely within Offshore Area 1.
Mozambique LNG is emerging as a future leader in the global LNG industry as it works to develop an LNG facility on the Afungi peninsula in Cabo Delgado province. With approximately 75 trillion cubic feet of recoverable natural gas discovered in the Offshore Area 1, the Mozambique LNG Project represents an extraordinary opportunity to meet increasing world demand for a sustainable, reliable and cleaner source of energy. (Source: Anadarko)
- DID EON MUSK’ SPACEX BUY THE SEMI-SUBMERSIBLES ENSCO 8500 AND ENSCO 8501? 20th January 2021
- TOTAL AND APACHE ANNOUNCE FOURTH DISCOVERY OFFSHORE SURINAME 14th January 2021
- PACIFIC DRILLING COMPLETES RESTRUCTURING AND EMERGES FROM CHAPTER 11 05th January 2021
- ENI AWARDED OPERATORSHIP OF ONE OF ABU DHABI’S LARGEST OFSSHORE CONCESSIONS 23rd December 2020
- RELIANCE FLOWS FIRST GAS FROM ASIA’S DEEPEST PROJECT OFF THE EAST COAST OF INDIA 21st December 2020