AQUADRILL SECURES WORK FOR THE DRILLSHIP CAPELLA OFFSHORE INDONESIA
Aquadrill and a subsidiary of Vantage Holdings International have reached an agreement to provide the Capella, an MPD outfitted 6th generation drillship, for a four firm well contract plus two priced and three mutually agreed optional wells for operations in Indonesia.
The total contract value for the firm portion of the contract is expected to be approximately $138 million. Work is expected to commence in early May 2023 and to run until mid-April 2024.
In the event the priced options are exercised, the rig is expected to be available in early September 2024 and the total additional contract value is expected to be approximately $56 million.
Capella, formerly West Capella, is a Samsung 10000E drillship delivered from the Geoje Shipyard in South Korea in 2008.
Capella is currently en route to Labuan in Malaysia.
- QATAR ENERGY AND SINOPEC SIGN 27-YEAR LNG SUPPLY AGREEMENT 22nd November 2022
- SCHLUMBERGER CHANGES ITS NAME TO SLB TO DRIVE THE FUTURE OF ENERGY 25th October 2022
- ADNOC BREAKS RECORD FOR THE LONGEST WELL EVER DRILLED 21st October 2022
- SAIPEM AWARDED BY QATARGAS ITS LARGEST SINGLE CONTRACT IN THE COMPANY HISTORY 20th October 2022
- CAMECO AND BROOKFIELD FORM PARTNERSHIP TO ACQUIRE WESTINGHOUSE ELECTRIC 17th October 2022
- SIEMENS GAMESA SG 14-222 DD WIND TURBINE PRODUCED 359 MW WITHIN 24 HOUR 14th October 2022