AWILCO DRILLING CANCELS CONSTRUCTION OF NORDIC WINTER SEMI-SUMERSIBLE
Awilco Rig 1, a wholly owned subsidiary of Awilco Drilling PLC has notified Keppel FELS Limited (KFELS) that it has exercised its contractual termination right under a newbuilding contract between KFELS and AR1 for the construction of a semi-submersible drilling rig, Nordic Winter, as a result of breaches under the Vessel Construction Contract.
The vessel construction contract provides that on termination AR1 will be entitled to a refund of the instalments paid to KFELS of USD 54,720,985 plus accrued interest.
Nordic Winter is one of the two semi-submersible drilling rigs of Moss Maritime CS60 Eco MW design ordered by Awilco Drilling subsidiaries from KFELS. In addition, separate Awilco Drilling subsidiaries have rig independent options for two additional rigs of the same design.
Awilco Drilling Limited was incorporated in December 2009 in connection with the acquisition of the semi-submersible drilling rigs, WilPhoenix and WilHunter. The company is registered in England & Wales with its operations based in Aberdeen, Scotland. The Company re-registered to a public company on 14 April 2011, under the name Awilco Drilling PLC. Awilco Drilling has recently embarked on a growth phase, with the ordering of two new Moss Maritime CS60 ECO MW drilling rigs from Keppel FELS, Singapore, with options for two further sister rigs.
(Source and image: Awilco Drilling)
- NOBLE CORPORATION FILES FOR CHAPTER 11 TO HANDLE 3.4 BILLION OF DEBT 04th August 2020
- VALARIS SELLS SIX DRILLING UNITS – FILING FOR BANKRUPTCY IS IMMINENT 03rd August 2020
- APACHE MAKES MAJOR OIL DISCOVERY AT KWASKWASI-1 OFFSHORE SURINAME 30th July 2020
- SCHLUMBERGER – THE MOST CHALLENGING QUARTER IN PAST DECADES 27th July 2020
- BAKER HUGHES REVENUE DOWN 21% YEAR-ON-YEAR 23rd July 2020
- CHEVRON TO ACQUIRE NOBLE ENERGY FOR $5 BILLION 21st July 2020
- HEEREMA’S SLEIPNIR BREAKS SINGLE LIFT RECORD AT JOTUN FIELD 20th July 2020
- CHINA TO BUILD 6 TO 8 NUCLEAR REACTORS ANNUALLY BETWEEN 2020 AND 2025 09th July 2020