AWILCO DRILLING CANCELS CONSTRUCTION OF NORDIC WINTER SEMI-SUMERSIBLE
Awilco Rig 1, a wholly owned subsidiary of Awilco Drilling PLC has notified Keppel FELS Limited (KFELS) that it has exercised its contractual termination right under a newbuilding contract between KFELS and AR1 for the construction of a semi-submersible drilling rig, Nordic Winter, as a result of breaches under the Vessel Construction Contract.
The vessel construction contract provides that on termination AR1 will be entitled to a refund of the instalments paid to KFELS of USD 54,720,985 plus accrued interest.
Nordic Winter is one of the two semi-submersible drilling rigs of Moss Maritime CS60 Eco MW design ordered by Awilco Drilling subsidiaries from KFELS. In addition, separate Awilco Drilling subsidiaries have rig independent options for two additional rigs of the same design.
Awilco Drilling Limited was incorporated in December 2009 in connection with the acquisition of the semi-submersible drilling rigs, WilPhoenix and WilHunter. The company is registered in England & Wales with its operations based in Aberdeen, Scotland. The Company re-registered to a public company on 14 April 2011, under the name Awilco Drilling PLC. Awilco Drilling has recently embarked on a growth phase, with the ordering of two new Moss Maritime CS60 ECO MW drilling rigs from Keppel FELS, Singapore, with options for two further sister rigs.
(Source and image: Awilco Drilling)
- PACIFIC DRILLING COMMENCES VOLUNTARY CHAPTER 11 PROCEEDINGS 03rd November 2020
- SCHLUMBERGER NORTH AMERICA REVENUE DOWN 59% YEAR-ON-YEAR 19th October 2020
- JACQUES SAADE FIRST LNG-POWERED 23,000 TEU CONTAINER SHIP JOINS CMA CGM FLEET 23rd September 2020
- EXXONMOBIL REPORTS 18th DISCOVERY OFFSHORE GUYANA 09th September 2020
- VLCC TANKER NEW DIAMOND ABLAZE OFF SRI LANKA 07th September 2020
- SCHLUMBERGER SELLS ITS NORTH AMERICAN FRACTURING BUSINESS TO LIBERTY 02nd September 2020