AWILCO SIGNS CONTRACT WITH ITHACA OIL AND GAS TO DRILL ONE WELL AT FOTLA
Awilco Drilling PLC confirm that a contract has been signed with Ithaca Oil and Gas Limited for the provision of WilPhoenix for a single exploration well at Fotla in Block 22/1b. The well will commence no earlier than 31st May 2021.
Fotla field is located near the Alba field at about 130 miles north-east of Aberdeen in the UK North Sea
WilPhoenix is one of Awilco Drilling’s two Enhanced Pacesetter semi-submersibles and is equipped for drilling in water depths up to 1,200 ft. The midwater floater was built in 1982 at Arendal Shipyard in Sweden. WilPhoenix is currently stacked In UK.
(Source: Awilco Drilling – Image: WilPhoenix semi-submersible on tow near Sumburgh, Scotland)
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023