FLIDAR WINDSENTINEL DEPLOYED IN FRANCE
Canadian Axys Technologies announced that the FLiDAR WindSentinel buoy has been deployed in Brittany, France as part of the energy assessment for the Bay of Saint-Brieuc commercial offshore wind farm development managed by Ailes Marines. The FLiDAR WindSentinel system is equipped with dual LiDAR sensors to measure the wind resource and expected energy production at the offshore wind farm. The WindSentinel system will be deployed for a minimum of 12 months to gather comprehensive wind speed and wind direction data up to heights of 200m, along with metocean data including directional waves, ocean currents, tide, salinity, water temperature, atmospheric pressure and air temperature.
The WindSentinel is a rugged wind resource assessment system that uses LiDAR to accurately measure wind speed and wind direction offshore. With this deployment AXYS continues to grow its position as the world leader in offshore wind assessment, having supplied 18 commercial floating LiDAR systems around the world that have recorded more than 200 months (17 years) of offshore data. Ailes Marines won the government tender for the Bay of Saint-Brieuc offshore wind farm. It is responsible for developing, building, installing, and operating it. (Source and image: Axys Technologies)
- SCHLUMBERGER NORTH AMERICA REVENUE DOWN 59% YEAR-ON-YEAR 19th October 2020
- JACQUES SAADE FIRST LNG-POWERED 23,000 TEU CONTAINER SHIP JOINS CMA CGM FLEET 23rd September 2020
- EXXONMOBIL REPORTS 18th DISCOVERY OFFSHORE GUYANA 09th September 2020
- VLCC TANKER NEW DIAMOND ABLAZE OFF SRI LANKA 07th September 2020
- SCHLUMBERGER SELLS ITS NORTH AMERICAN FRACTURING BUSINESS TO LIBERTY 02nd September 2020