BAKER HUGHES DELIVERED STRONG OPERATING RESULTS IN Q2 2023
For the 2nd quarter 2023 Baker Hughes reported a 2% sequential decrease of its orders, however the company delivered a strong performance:
• Orders of $7.5 billion for the quarter, up 28% year-over-year.
• Revenue of $6.3 billion for the quarter, up 25% year-over-year.
• Net income attributable to Baker Hughes Company of $410 million for the quarter, up $1,248 million year-over-year. Adjusted net income (a non-GAAP measure) attributable to Baker Hughes of $395 million for the quarter, up $281 million year-over-year.
“We were pleased with our second quarter results and remain optimistic on the outlook for 2023. We maintained our strong order momentum in Industrial & Energy Technology (IET) and Oilfield Services & Equipment (OFSE), specifically within Subsea & Surface Pressure Systems (SSPS). We also delivered solid operating results at the higher end of our guidance in both business segments, booked almost $150 million of New Energy orders and generated approximately $620 million of free cash flow,” said Lorenzo Simonelli, Baker Hughes chairman and chief executive officer.
“Growing economic uncertainty continues to drive commodity price volatility globally. However, despite lower oil prices over the first half of the year, we maintain a constructive outlook for global upstream spending in 2023. Market softness in North America is expected to be more than offset by strength in international and offshore markets.”
“Outside of the upstream markets, we remain confident on the LNG outlook, with solid demand growth this year led by Europe and Asia. Based on the continued development of the LNG project pipeline, we still expect the market to exceed 65 million tons per annum (MTPA) of FIDs this year and should see a similar level of activity in 2024. We continue to see the potential for this LNG cycle to extend for several years with a pipeline of new international opportunities expanding project visibility out to 2026 and beyond.”
“Overall, I am extremely excited about the multitude of new opportunities developing for solutions that leverage our unique portfolio. Combining these growth opportunities with our business transformation objectives provides attractive upside for our margins and returns going forward, and I want to thank our shareholders, our customers, and our employees for their continued support,” concluded Simonelli.
(Source: Baker Hughes)
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023