BENTHIC TO DEPLOY PROD IN THE CASPIAN SEA
Benthic, a global geosciences company based in Houston, has secured a contract for an offshore geotechnical investigation sing its PROD in the proposed Azeri Central East platform location in the Caspian Sea. Benthic will execute the geotechnical scope of work from the Topaz Caspian Supporter in Q1 2018. The Benthic Portable Remotely Operated Drill (PROD) will collect a number of geotechnical borehole samples and PCPT samples across the pipeline, platform and pipeline crossing location. Following the completion of offshore operations and laboratory testing, relevant geotechnical data reports will be prepared.
Benthic is a global leader in offshore marine geotechnical investigation, survey, analysis and design. The Company’s proprietary PROD technology has lead the way in high quality, ultra-shallow and ultra-deepwater site investigations, with capabilities in water depths ranging from 0m to 3,000m plus.
The Portable Remotely Operated Drill (PROD) is the world’s most versatile seabed drilling and geotechnical testing system. The first of its kind in operation, PROD has been proven over more than a decade on almost 30 successful projects worldwide, including deployments in ultra-deepwater and the most challenging seabed conditions. (Source: Benthic)
- QATARENERGY TO INCREASE AL-SHAHEEN OIL PRODUCTION BY 100,000 BARRELS PER DAY 02nd February 2024
- MAJOR PIPELAY ACCIDENT OFF THE COAST OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA 01st February 2024
- LATIN AMERICA AND AFRICA WILL LEAD THE WAY IN HIGH-IMPACT EXPLORATION DRILLING 01st February 2024
- SLB AND EQUINOR DRILL LONGEST WELL SECTION IN AUTONOMOUS MODE 31st January 2024
- SHELL TURNS A PAGE OF HISTORY IN NIGERIA 18th January 2024