BHGE TO POWER HALFAYA OILFIELD IN IRAQ
Baker Hughes, a GE company (BHGE) has signed an agreement for the provision of its proven its Frame 6B gas turbine electric generator trains to support power generation for the onshore Halfaya oilfield located in the Maysan Governorate. The equipment will generate 150 MW of power for the project and leverage support from BHGE’s existing local and global workforce. The components of the turbo generator units will be manufactured and assembled at BHGE’s Nuovo Pignone facility in Florence, Italy.
BHGE’s Frame 6 turbines are able to operate in extreme conditions and harsh environments across a wide range of applications, and have been proven and tested with more than 55 million operating hours. The turbines are designed to be fully fuel flexible, possessing the ability to run on a wide range of gas or distillate liquids, including sour gas. This offers valuable cost saving to customers, as the turbines can run on the most economically available fuel for a given operation. In addition to the Halfaya contract, the turbines have been used in multiple projects in the region.
The Halfaya oilfield was discovered in 1976 with 4.1 billion barrels in reserves and is situated in the southern part of Iraq in the country’s Maysan Governate. The field, operated by PetroChina International Iraq, currently produces approx. 200,000 barrels per day. This agreement with PetroChina International Iraq further strengthens BHGE’s presence in the country, where it has contributed to several projects, including power generation support for two of Iraq’s largest fields – West Qurna and Rumaila – and retains a local footprint consisting of over 70% Iraqi employees. (Source: BHGE)
- ARGENTINA: PETRONAS AND YPF TO INVEST $2.3 BILLION IN LA AMARGA CHICA 12th December 2018
- ENI STRIKES OIL IN THE AFOXE PROSPECT OFFSHORE ANGOLA 10th December 2018
- TALOS ENERGY COMMENCES ZAMA-2 APPRAISAL CAMPAIGN 04th December 2018
- EXXONMOBIL MAKES 10TH DISCOVERY IN STABROEK BLOCK OFFSHORE GUYANA 04th December 2018
- IXACHI BECOMES MEXICO’S LARGEST DISCOVERY IN 25 YEARS 03rd December 2018
- THE GIGANTIC AIRPORTS OF THE FUTURE – ISTANBUL, DAXING, CHANGI, LONG THANH 24th November 2018
- BP STARTS UP CLAIR RIDGE OIL PRODUCTION IN WEST OF SHETLAND 24th November 2018