BORR DRILLING FINDS WORK FOR THE JACKUP MIST IN SOUTHEAST ASIA
Borr Drilling Limited announced it has secured a Letter of Award (LOA) for the premium jack-up drilling rig Mist from an undisclosed operator in Southeast Asia. The program is expected to commence in November 2021 with a duration of seven months plus options. The net start-up cash cost for the rig is expected to be $1.75 million. This LOA, which is expected to be converted into a contract shortly, will increase the company’s contracted fleet to 15 rigs.
Mist is a Keppel FELS Super B Class jackup. The rig capable to drill in 350 ft of water was built in 2013 by Keppel Offshore & Marine in Singapore.
Mist is currently ready stacked in Malaysia.
Borr drilling operates a fleet of 23 jackup drilling rigs from which 10 are warm stacked. The company has up to five newbuild units under construction at KFELS shipyard in Singapore with delivery expected in 2023.
(Source: Borr Drilling)
- AKER BP – 35 YEARS OLD ULA FIELD WILL PRODUCE OIL FOR AT LEAST 10 MORE YEARS 12th October 2021
- GIANT LIANGHEKOU HYDROPOWER PLANT BEGINS OPERATIONS IN SICHUAN PROVINCE 10th October 2021
- RYSTAD ENERGY – VACA MUERTA QUICKEST GROWING SHALE PLAY IN THE WORLD 08th October 2021
- VAN OORD ORDERS MEGA JACKUP TO INSTALL 20 MW OFFSHORE WIND TURBINES 04th October 2021
- BAKER HUGHES SDS AND MHWIRTH FORM GLOBAL OFFSHORE DRILLING EQUIPMENT COMPANY 04th October 2021