BORR DRILLING SELLS TWO AGING JACKUPS
A wholly owned subsidiary of Borr Drilling Limited has on April 30, 2020, sold two standard jack-up drilling rigs, the “Dhabi II” and the “Paragon B152”, for total cash proceeds of $15.8 million, including the associated backlog effective from April 1, 2020. The Company will continue to operate the rigs under a services agreement which will ensure continuity for our customer. The rigs are unencumbered, and the liquidity effect for the Company is equal to the sales proceeds. The Company expects to record a gain of approximately $11.5 million.
The sale of the rigs is in line with the Company’s long term strategy to focus on the operation of its core fleet of modern jack-up drilling rigs.
Dhabi II and Paragon B152 are two Baker Marine BMC-150-IC jackup capable to drill in 150 ft of water. The units were built in 1981 and 1982 at PPL Shipyard in Singapore and Baker Marine I Ingleside, Tx, respectively. According to the InfieldRigs database the two jackups are drilling offshore Abu Dhabi for ADOC.
(Source: Borr Drilling/InfieldRigs)
- QATAR PETROLEUM SIGNS THE LARGEST SHIPBUILDING AGREEMENT IN HISTORY 02nd June 2020
- MAKO GAS FIELD BECOMES THE LARGEST GAS FIELD IN WEST NATUNA BASIN 26th May 2020
- NEPTUNE ENERGY CONDUCTS WORLD’S FIRST IN DUAL DRILLING SUBSEA AT FENJA FIELD 13th May 2020
- TOTAL REINFORCES ITS ACTION PLAN TO FACE THE CURRENT CRISIS 06th May 2020
- REPSOL AND PARTNERS MAKE TWO OIL DISCOVERIES OFFSHORE MEXICO 06th May 2020
- CHEVRON BOOKS PROFITS BUT TRIMS SAILS FOR DIFFICULT DAYS AHEAD 04th May 2020