INDIA: BP AND RELIANCE TO DEVELOP BLOCK KGD6 GAS FIELDS
Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) and BP announced that they are moving forward to develop already-discovered deepwater gas fields, bringing new gas production for India. RIL and BP announced that they will award contracts to progress development of the ‘R-Series’ deep water gas fields in Block KGD6 off the east coast of India. The R-series (D34) project is a dry gas development in water-depths of more than 2,000 metres, approximately 70 kilometres offshore. The R-series fields will be developed as a subsea tieback to the existing control and riser platform off Block KGD6. The project is expected to produce up to 12 million cubic metres (425 million cubic feet) of gas a day, coming on stream in 2020.
This is the first of three planned projects in Block KGD6 that are expected to be developed in an integrated manner, producing from about 3 trillion cubic feet of discovered gas resources. RIL and BP plan to submit development plans for the next two projects for Government approval before the end of 2017. Development of the three projects, with total investment of c. INR 40,000 crore (US$6 billion), is expected to bring a total c. 30-35 million cubic metres (1 billion cubic feet) of gas a day new domestic gas production on stream, phased over 2020-2022.
India today consumes over 5 billion cubic feet a day of natural gas and aspires to double gas consumption by 2022.
Execution of the R-Series and following projects will require deployment of advanced skills, processes and technologies through the combined partnership of RIL and BP to develop and produce gas from these ultra-deep reservoirs. (Source: Reliance)
- QATAR PETROLEUM SIGNS THE LARGEST SHIPBUILDING AGREEMENT IN HISTORY 02nd June 2020
- MAKO GAS FIELD BECOMES THE LARGEST GAS FIELD IN WEST NATUNA BASIN 26th May 2020
- NEPTUNE ENERGY CONDUCTS WORLD’S FIRST IN DUAL DRILLING SUBSEA AT FENJA FIELD 13th May 2020
- TOTAL REINFORCES ITS ACTION PLAN TO FACE THE CURRENT CRISIS 06th May 2020
- REPSOL AND PARTNERS MAKE TWO OIL DISCOVERIES OFFSHORE MEXICO 06th May 2020
- CHEVRON BOOKS PROFITS BUT TRIMS SAILS FOR DIFFICULT DAYS AHEAD 04th May 2020