BUREAU VERITAS DELIVERS APPROVAL IN PRINCIPLE TO HELION FUEL CELL SYSTEM
Bureau Veritas delivers Approval in Principle to Helion fuel cell system, taking another step towards the certification of its marine fuel cell, the FC-RACK.
HELION has developed a standard fuel cell system, the FC RACKTM, based on a simplified and modular architecture that can suit customer’s needs.
Specially designed for high power applications, it covers a wide range of power from 100 kW up to several megawatts, and it can address stationary as well as heavy mobility markets.
The work carried out has enabled the Alstom subsidiary’s 6th generation of hydrogen fuel cells to comply with Bureau Veritas rules that correspond to the use of fuel cells on board ships. The industrialisation of Helion’s fuel cell will enable marine players to meet their net zero goals and decarbonize the maritime sector.
The fuel cell “marinization” is ensured thanks to a double envelope enclosure that enables the system to be perfectly sealed in a saline environment. In addition, Helion’s new FC-RACK Marine incorporates a thermal management system, dedicated on-board control system, and a hydrogen safety system that enables the FC-RACK Marine to be installed inside or on the deck of the vessel. Finally, its vertical architecture facilitates ease-of-access during maintenance operations.
Helion based in Aix-en Provence, France, designs, manufactures and markets of cells and integrated hydrogen systems.
(Source and image: Helion)
- EXXONMOBIL MAKES THE SIXTH AND SEVENTH DISCOVERIES OFFSHORE GUYANA THIS YEAR 27th July 2022
- THE SHARP DROP OF RECOVERABLE OIL WORLDWIDE TREATENS GLOBAL ENERGY SECURITY 09th July 2022
- ROSNEFT REPORTS LARGE OIL DISCOVERY IN THE PECHORA SEA 07th July 2022
- SINGAPORE – SEMCORP MARINE DELIVERS WORLD’S FIRST EIGHT GENERATION DRILLSHIP 30th June 2022
- SONATRACH MAKES IMPORTANT GAS AND CONDENSATE DISCOVERY IN HASSI R’MEL AREA 29th June 2022