BUREAU VERITAS DELIVERS APPROVAL IN PRINCIPLE TO HELION FUEL CELL SYSTEM
Bureau Veritas delivers Approval in Principle to Helion fuel cell system, taking another step towards the certification of its marine fuel cell, the FC-RACK.
HELION has developed a standard fuel cell system, the FC RACKTM, based on a simplified and modular architecture that can suit customer’s needs.
Specially designed for high power applications, it covers a wide range of power from 100 kW up to several megawatts, and it can address stationary as well as heavy mobility markets.
The work carried out has enabled the Alstom subsidiary’s 6th generation of hydrogen fuel cells to comply with Bureau Veritas rules that correspond to the use of fuel cells on board ships. The industrialisation of Helion’s fuel cell will enable marine players to meet their net zero goals and decarbonize the maritime sector.
The fuel cell “marinization” is ensured thanks to a double envelope enclosure that enables the system to be perfectly sealed in a saline environment. In addition, Helion’s new FC-RACK Marine incorporates a thermal management system, dedicated on-board control system, and a hydrogen safety system that enables the FC-RACK Marine to be installed inside or on the deck of the vessel. Finally, its vertical architecture facilitates ease-of-access during maintenance operations.
Helion based in Aix-en Provence, France, designs, manufactures and markets of cells and integrated hydrogen systems.
(Source and image: Helion)
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023