BYRON ENERGY AWARDED NEW LEASES IN EUGENE ISLAND
Byron Energy has been advised by the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (“BOEM”) that its bids for Eugene Island blocks 62, 63, 76 and 77, at Gulf of Mexico OCS Lease Sale 250 held on Wednesday 21 March 2018 in New Orleans, Louisiana, have been deemed acceptable by the BOEM and the leases have now been awarded to Byron.
Byron’s high bids for Eugene Island blocks 62, 63, 76 and 77 have been deemed acceptable • The four blocks, in a water depth of about 20 feet, cover the entire Eugene Island 77 Field where Byron undertook proprietary Reverse Time Migration seismic processing in 2014 • The Company has identified a number of high-quality prospects using its proprietary RTM seismic data with total in-house mapped gross potential of 308 billion cubic feet of gas and 12.6 million barrels of oil.
Byron Energy Headquartered in Melbourbne, Australia, is the operator and 50-100% working interest holder of several blocks in the Gulf of Mexico prospective for oil and gas. (Source: Byron Energy)
- BP STARTS UP THUNDER HORSE NORTHWEST EXPANSION 19th October 2018
- NIGERIA: PIPE LINE BLAST KILLED 200 IN ABA 17th October 2018
- SHELL QGC TO DRILL 250 WELLS IN WESTERN DOWNS REGION OF QUEENSLAND 12th October 2018
- PEMEX DISCOVERS MAJOR OILFIELDS IN MEXICO’s SURESTE BASIN 11th October 2018
- ENSCO ACQUIRES ROWAN IN A $2.38 BILLION DEAL 09th October 2018