CAIRN COMPLETES TESTING OF SNE-6 WELL OFFSHORE SENEGAL
Cairn announced the results of another successful appraisal well offshore Senegal. Rig performance continues to be excellent and operations have been safely and successfully completed ahead of schedule and under budget following drilling, logging and drill stem testing (DST).
The objective of the SNE-6 well, together with the previous successful SNE-5 well, was to flow oil from one of the principal units in the upper (400 series) reservoirs and demonstrate connectivity between the two wells. Pressure data from SNE-6 immediately confirmed good connectivity with SNE-5 and accordingly a short DST was performed.
Cairn’s analysis and integration of the collected dataset is continuing with initial results as follows:
• Main reservoir units, pressure data and fluid contacts are in line with previous SNE appraisal wells
• Pressure data from SNE-6 has confirmed that the upper reservoir is connected with SNE-5, ~1.6km away. Work is ongoing to integrate this new data and to estimate the extent to which water flood secondary recovery can be applied to these upper reservoirs. Further analysis will be performed once interference test data has been collected from the observation wells, to determine the impact on modelled reservoir architecture, recoverable resource base and forward development plan. We expect to provide further information at our half year results in August.
- SCHLUMBERGER AND SUBSEA 7 TO FORM A JOINT VENTURE 23rd February 2018
- BORR DRILLING ACQUIRES PARAGON OFFSHORE 23rd February 2018
- FIRST LIVE OIL SEEPS DISCOVERED ONSHORE JAMAICA 23rd February 2018
- BASSOE OFFSHORE: UP TO 200 JACKUPS TO SCRAP 17th February 2018
- NOBLE ENERGY SELLS DEEPWATER GULF ASSETS FOR $710 MILLION 16th February 2018
- NEPTUNE ENERGY ACQUIRES ENGIE E&P 16th February 2018
- BLAST ONBOARD SAGAR BHUSHAN DRILLSHIP KILLS FIVE 15th February 2018