CAIRN COMPLETES TESTING OF SNE-6 WELL OFFSHORE SENEGAL
Cairn announced the results of another successful appraisal well offshore Senegal. Rig performance continues to be excellent and operations have been safely and successfully completed ahead of schedule and under budget following drilling, logging and drill stem testing (DST).
The objective of the SNE-6 well, together with the previous successful SNE-5 well, was to flow oil from one of the principal units in the upper (400 series) reservoirs and demonstrate connectivity between the two wells. Pressure data from SNE-6 immediately confirmed good connectivity with SNE-5 and accordingly a short DST was performed.
Cairn’s analysis and integration of the collected dataset is continuing with initial results as follows:
• Main reservoir units, pressure data and fluid contacts are in line with previous SNE appraisal wells
• Pressure data from SNE-6 has confirmed that the upper reservoir is connected with SNE-5, ~1.6km away. Work is ongoing to integrate this new data and to estimate the extent to which water flood secondary recovery can be applied to these upper reservoirs. Further analysis will be performed once interference test data has been collected from the observation wells, to determine the impact on modelled reservoir architecture, recoverable resource base and forward development plan. We expect to provide further information at our half year results in August.
- ELON MUSK UNVEILS TESLA SEMI 18th November 2017
- PEMEX LARGEST ONSHORE DISCOVERY IN 15 YEARS 06th November 2017
- FIRST WHEATSTONE LNG CARGO DEPARTS FOR JAPAN 01st November 2017
- CHEVRON STARTS LNG PRODUCTION AT WHEATSTONE 10th October 2017
- BORR DRILLING ACQUIRES PREMIUM JACKUP RIGS FROM PPL SHIPYARD 09th October 2017