CAMECO AND BROOKFIELD FORM PARTNERSHIP TO ACQUIRE WESTINGHOUSE ELECTRIC
A consortium comprised of Cameco and Brookfield Renewable, together with its institutional partners, has signed an agreement to acquire Westinghouse Electric Company from Brookfield Business Partners (BBU).
This transaction brings Westinghouse’s best-in-class clean power technologies under Brookfield Renewable’s cutting-edge hydroelectric, wind, solar, energy storage and distributed generation portfolio, and alongside Cameco’s expertise in front-end uranium fuel capabilities. This will further strengthen Westinghouse’s presence in nuclear technology globally and provide a long-term path for the company’s strategic growth to the benefit of customers.
“This is the start of an exciting new chapter for the Westinghouse team and for nuclear power,” says Patrick Fragman, President and Chief Executive Officer of Westinghouse.
After giving effect to the transaction, Brookfield Renewable and other affiliates of Brookfield Asset Management Inc. will own a 51 percent interest in Westinghouse and Cameco will own 49 percent. Brookfield Renewable is pursuing this opportunity through the Brookfield Global Transition Fund, which is the largest fund in the world focused on the clean energy transition.?
(Source: Westinghouse – Image: Installation of the containment vessel ring at Vogtle/Georgia Power)
- QATAR ENERGY AND SINOPEC SIGN 27-YEAR LNG SUPPLY AGREEMENT 22nd November 2022
- SCHLUMBERGER CHANGES ITS NAME TO SLB TO DRIVE THE FUTURE OF ENERGY 25th October 2022
- ADNOC BREAKS RECORD FOR THE LONGEST WELL EVER DRILLED 21st October 2022
- SAIPEM AWARDED BY QATARGAS ITS LARGEST SINGLE CONTRACT IN THE COMPANY HISTORY 20th October 2022
- CAMECO AND BROOKFIELD FORM PARTNERSHIP TO ACQUIRE WESTINGHOUSE ELECTRIC 17th October 2022
- SIEMENS GAMESA SG 14-222 DD WIND TURBINE PRODUCED 359 MW WITHIN 24 HOUR 14th October 2022