CGG BEGINS DENSE OCEAN BOTTOM NODE SURVEY IN MISSISSIPPI CANYON
CGG commenced its first multi-client ocean bottom node survey (OBN), taking CGG’s offshore data library to the next level of excellence. Located in the north-central region of the Gulf of Mexico, this dense OBN survey will provide well-sampled, full azimuthal coverage with long offsets, to deliver exceptional data for imaging the geologically complex structures in Mississippi Canyon.
Acquisition services are being provided by Seabed Geosolutions and the data will be processed by CGG Geoscience’s Subsurface Imaging in Houston. Implementation of CGG’s most advanced OBN processing techniques will provide a fine-tuned velocity model and improved definition of drilling targets. Preliminary products will be available in Q3 2019, and final products are expected in Q1, 2020.
Supported by industry prefunding, CGG’s Mississippi Canyon Node survey paves the way for further CGG multi-client OBN surveys in the future.
Sophie Zurquiyah, CEO, CGG, said: “We are pleased to initiate our first multi-client OBN survey, in this strongly growing market, as clients take advantage of the enhanced geologic understandings that OBN data and advanced imaging can deliver.”
CGG is a fully integrated Geoscience company providing leading geological, geophysical and reservoir capabilities to its broad base of customers primarily from the global oil and gas industry.
- EQUINOR CELEBRATES 1000th CARGO AT HAMMERFEST LNG PLANT 11th October 2019
- NORTH SEA GIANT JOHAN SVERDRUP ON STREAM 07th October 2019
- TUGBOAT BOURBON RHODE SINKS IN HURRICANE LORENZO – 11 MISSING 29th September 2019
- EXXONMOBIL SELLS NORWAY UPSTREAM INTERESTS TO VAR ENERGY 27th September 2019
- GOOGLE SEALS THE BIGGEST PURCHASE OF RENEWABLE ENERGY IN HISTORY 25th September 2019