CGG BEGINS DENSE OCEAN BOTTOM NODE SURVEY IN MISSISSIPPI CANYON
CGG commenced its first multi-client ocean bottom node survey (OBN), taking CGG’s offshore data library to the next level of excellence. Located in the north-central region of the Gulf of Mexico, this dense OBN survey will provide well-sampled, full azimuthal coverage with long offsets, to deliver exceptional data for imaging the geologically complex structures in Mississippi Canyon.
Acquisition services are being provided by Seabed Geosolutions and the data will be processed by CGG Geoscience’s Subsurface Imaging in Houston. Implementation of CGG’s most advanced OBN processing techniques will provide a fine-tuned velocity model and improved definition of drilling targets. Preliminary products will be available in Q3 2019, and final products are expected in Q1, 2020.
Supported by industry prefunding, CGG’s Mississippi Canyon Node survey paves the way for further CGG multi-client OBN surveys in the future.
Sophie Zurquiyah, CEO, CGG, said: “We are pleased to initiate our first multi-client OBN survey, in this strongly growing market, as clients take advantage of the enhanced geologic understandings that OBN data and advanced imaging can deliver.”
CGG is a fully integrated Geoscience company providing leading geological, geophysical and reservoir capabilities to its broad base of customers primarily from the global oil and gas industry.
- MAKO GAS FIELD BECOMES THE LARGEST GAS FIELD IN WEST NATUNA BASIN 26th May 2020
- NEPTUNE ENERGY CONDUCTS WORLD’S FIRST IN DUAL DRILLING SUBSEA AT FENJA FIELD 13th May 2020
- TOTAL REINFORCES ITS ACTION PLAN TO FACE THE CURRENT CRISIS 06th May 2020
- REPSOL AND PARTNERS MAKE TWO OIL DISCOVERIES OFFSHORE MEXICO 06th May 2020
- CHEVRON BOOKS PROFITS BUT TRIMS SAILS FOR DIFFICULT DAYS AHEAD 04th May 2020
- 5,000 TON LIEBHERR CRANE CRASHES DURING LOAD TEST ON ORION 1 INSTALLATION VESSEL 04th May 2020