CGG GEOCONSULTING LAUNCHES PROVENANCE
CGG GeoConsulting announced today the launch of Provenance, a ground-breaking integrated global sediment provenance database, tool and knowledgebase. Explorers can use the database to help make meaningful interpretations on clastic reservoir distribution and quality.
Provenance is an industry-first, global database bringing together public-domain and CGG multi-client sediment provenance data catalogues, to give explorers a quality-controlled data set at the touch of a button. An integrated platform allows teams to interpret the data in minutes, supported by insights from sediment provenance experts and leading authorities in the international scientific community.
Provenance helps geoscience teams optimize their use of sediment provenance data in their exploration workflows. It is designed to reduce lead times for in-house specialist sedimentologists and put the data, tools, and understanding in the hands of every member of the geoscience team in order to improve exploration outputs.
Mark Weber, Senior Vice President, CGG GeoConsulting, said: “CGG is committed to helping clients more fully understand the reservoir, and sediment provenance data has an important contribution to make in this effort”. (Source: CGG Veritas)
- CHESAPEAKE FILES FOR CHAPTER 11 30th June 2020
- BP SELLS ITS PETROCHEMICAL BUSINESS TO INEOS 30th June 2020
- NORILSK NICKEL TANK COLLAPSES – 21,000 TONS OF DIESEL LEAK INTO ARTIC RIVER 05th June 2020
- VATTENFALL TO CONSTRUCT WORLD’S LARGEST OFFSHORE WINDFARM 05th June 2020
- QATAR PETROLEUM SIGNS THE LARGEST SHIPBUILDING AGREEMENT IN HISTORY 02nd June 2020
- MAKO GAS FIELD BECOMES THE LARGEST GAS FIELD IN WEST NATUNA BASIN 26th May 2020
- NEPTUNE ENERGY CONDUCTS WORLD’S FIRST IN DUAL DRILLING SUBSEA AT FENJA FIELD 13th May 2020