CGG TO OPTIMIZE SATURNO FIELD IMAGING
CGG announced the completion of an extension of its Santos VII broadband 3D multiclient survey offshore Brazil. The 1,867 sq km extension to the original footprint gives CGG a total of almost 16,000 sq km of newly acquired and imaged pre-salt coverage.
The extension was made to fully image this highly prospective area after images recently delivered from the Fast-Track PSDM over a priority area of the Saturno field clearly indicated further structure to the east. This addition will aid in the interpretation and understanding of the Saturno field well in advance of the May 2018 lease round.
Jean-Georges Malcor, CEO, CGG, said: “Having the fast-track data available so soon after acquisition and working in close client consultation increased our confidence to extend our Santos VII survey. This addition to our already very large 3D multi-client library in the Santos Basin underlines our commitment to offering the industry ultramodern exploration data sets to support the next pre-salt licensing round.” (Source: CGG)
- PETROFAC EMIRATES AWARDED TWO CONTRACTS WORTH $1.65 BILLION IN ABU DHABI 19th February 2020
- ENI DISCOVERS OIL IN THE MID-DEEP WATER OF THE CUENCA SALINA OFFSHORE MEXICO 18th February 2020
- JEBEL ALI BECOMES THE LARGEST GAS DISCOVERY IN 15 YEARS 05th February 2020
- STAGE COMPLETIONS COMPLETES RECORD 142-STAGE JOB IN THE PERMIAN BASIN 30th January 2020
- EXXONMOBIL DISCOVERS OIL AT UARU OFFSHORE GUYANA 29th January 2020