CGG TO OPTIMIZE SATURNO FIELD IMAGING
CGG announced the completion of an extension of its Santos VII broadband 3D multiclient survey offshore Brazil. The 1,867 sq km extension to the original footprint gives CGG a total of almost 16,000 sq km of newly acquired and imaged pre-salt coverage.
The extension was made to fully image this highly prospective area after images recently delivered from the Fast-Track PSDM over a priority area of the Saturno field clearly indicated further structure to the east. This addition will aid in the interpretation and understanding of the Saturno field well in advance of the May 2018 lease round.
Jean-Georges Malcor, CEO, CGG, said: “Having the fast-track data available so soon after acquisition and working in close client consultation increased our confidence to extend our Santos VII survey. This addition to our already very large 3D multi-client library in the Santos Basin underlines our commitment to offering the industry ultramodern exploration data sets to support the next pre-salt licensing round.” (Source: CGG)
- NEW OIL FIND FOR PETROBRAS IN THE CAMPOS BASIN PRE-SALT 03rd April 2020
- PETROBRAS REDUCES OIL PRODUCTION BY 200,000 BARRELS PER DAY 02nd April 2020
- BP RESPONDS TO COVID-19 PANDEMIC AND MARKET DISRUPTION 01st April 2020
- GAZPROM NEFT EXPANDS PRODUCTION FROM ARCTIC FIELDS 30th March 2020
- CONTRACT TERMINATIONS FOR VALARIS DS-8 AND JU-109 OFFSHORE ANGOLA 27th March 2020