CGG SERCEL EXTENDS CAPABILITY OF 508XT SEISMIC SYSTEM
CGG announced that Sercel has launched a transition zone version of its state-of-the-art 508XT seismic acquisition system. Seismic crews will now be able to deploy the 508XT solution in marsh zones and water depths of up to 25 m.
Designed with reinforced hardware to withstand the complex challenges of operating in shallow water environments, the new 508XT transition zone system also benefits from Sercel’s unique fault-tolerant X-Tech cross-technology architecture, featuring local storage and automatic rerouting to maximize survey productivity. With its 100% real-time monitoring capability it also brings users peace of mind that operations are running smoothly.
Pascal Rouiller, Sercel CEO, said: “By adapting our 508XT technology for transition zone environments, Sercelhas made another step forward in our strategy to meet customer needs for a single seismic acquisition system that can operate in any terrain and any configuration. The 508XT is undoubtedly the most efficient and powerful seismic acquisition technology available today that can offer crews the guarantee of recording the highest-quality seismic data, regardless of terrain conditions.” (Source and image: CGG)
- EIGHTH OIL DISCOVERY OFFSHORE GUYANA FOR EXXONMOBIL 21st June 2018
- BORR DRILLING READY FOR THE RECOVERY IN JACKUP MARKET 20th June 2018
- EQUINOR AWARDS THE LARGEST SERVICES CONTRACTS EVER 19th June 2018
- DEVELOPMENT DRILLING OF LIZA PHASE 1 OFFSHORE GUYANA COMMENCES 13th June 2018
- TAISHIN 1 WORLD FIRST EPR STARTED 11th June 2018
- 200th LNG CARGO FROM GNLG IN CURTIS ISLAND 07th June 2018
- NOV ACQUIRES DUTCH RIG ENGINEERING FIRM GustoMSC 04th June 2018
- SHELL REPORTS DOVER DISCOVERY IN THE GULF OF MEXICO 24th May 2018