CGG SERCEL EXTENDS CAPABILITY OF 508XT SEISMIC SYSTEM
CGG announced that Sercel has launched a transition zone version of its state-of-the-art 508XT seismic acquisition system. Seismic crews will now be able to deploy the 508XT solution in marsh zones and water depths of up to 25 m.
Designed with reinforced hardware to withstand the complex challenges of operating in shallow water environments, the new 508XT transition zone system also benefits from Sercel’s unique fault-tolerant X-Tech cross-technology architecture, featuring local storage and automatic rerouting to maximize survey productivity. With its 100% real-time monitoring capability it also brings users peace of mind that operations are running smoothly.
Pascal Rouiller, Sercel CEO, said: “By adapting our 508XT technology for transition zone environments, Sercelhas made another step forward in our strategy to meet customer needs for a single seismic acquisition system that can operate in any terrain and any configuration. The 508XT is undoubtedly the most efficient and powerful seismic acquisition technology available today that can offer crews the guarantee of recording the highest-quality seismic data, regardless of terrain conditions.” (Source and image: CGG)
- OCEAN GREATWHITE WORLD’S LAGEST DRILLING SEMI-SUBMERSIBLE ARRIVES AT KISHORN PORT 18th January 2019
- NEW HORIZONS MAKES HISTORIC FLYBY OF ULTIMA THULE 01st January 2019
- NASA: ARCTIC ICE GROWS AT FASTER PACE IN WINTER 29th December 2018
- TRANSOCEAN AWARDED FIVE-YEAR CONTRACT FOR NEWBUILD ULTRA-DEEPWATER DRILLSHIP 29th December 2018
- SHELL PRELUDE FLNG FACILITY STARTS PRODUCTION IN WESTERN AUSTRALIA 26th December 2018
- AASTA HANSTEEN GAS FIELD ON STREAM 18th December 2018