CGG STARTS ESPIRITO SANTO IV SURVEY
CGG announced the start of work on Espirito Santo IV, a large BroadSeis 3D multi-client survey in the deep and ultra-deep waters of the Espirito Santo Basin offshore Brazil.
The Oceanic Champion is acquiring the survey which is expected to take seven months. This industry-supported survey will cover 10,300 sq km and be processed at CGG’s Rio de Janeiro Subsurface Imaging center. The high-end broadband sequence will include the latest 3D deghosting, Full-Waveform Inversion (FWI) velocity modeling and Tilted Transverse Isotropy (TTI) imaging. Fast-Track PSDM products will be delivered six months after completion of the acquisition.
Jean-Georges Malcor, CEO, CGG, said: “This new survey will expand our high-quality coverage across the Espirito Santo Basin, enhancing industry understanding of exploration potential in this promising region with an upcoming lease round. It reflects CGG’s commitment to invest in the innovative products required to support the successful development of Brazil’s oil and gas resources.” (Source: CGG)
- JACQUES SAADE FIRST LNG-POWERED 23,000 TEU CONTAINER SHIP JOINS CMA CGM FLEET 23rd September 2020
- EXXONMOBIL REPORTS 18th DISCOVERY OFFSHORE GUYANA 09th September 2020
- VLCC TANKER NEW DIAMOND ABLAZE OFF SRI LANKA 07th September 2020
- SCHLUMBERGER SELLS ITS NORTH AMERICAN FRACTURING BUSINESS TO LIBERTY 02nd September 2020
- EXELON GENERATION TO RETIRE BYRON AND DRESDEN NUCLEAL PLANTS IN 2021 28th August 2020
- NUCLEAR GENERATION REACHED NEAR-RECORD HIGH IN 2019 26th August 2020