CHARIOT ANNOUNCES SIGNIFICANT RESOURCES UPGRADE OF ANCHOIS DISCOVERY IN MOROCCO
Chariot Oil & Gas Limited, the Atlantic margins focused energy company based in London, announces that it has completed the reprocessing of 3D seismic data across the Lixus Offshore Licence, Morocco, resulting in significant improvements in both image quality and in depth control. This has had a positive impact on the understanding of the distribution and extent of the Anchois gas sands. Following the reprocessing of the data, Netherland Sewell & Associates Inc. has performed an updated Independent Assessment on a 50km2 area, covering the Anchois gas discovery on the Lixus licence, which has led to a significant resource upgrade for the proposed Anchois Gas Field Development.
• Upgrade of audited total remaining recoverable resource to in excess of 1 Tcf for Anchois, representing a 148% increase (comprising 361 Bcf 2C contingent resources and 690 2U prospective resources)
• Ability for the low-risk prospective targets (C, M and O sands) to be drilled at low cost as part of any appraisal or development drilling activity on the Anchois Discovery (A and B sands); the development of which brings the potential for material free cash flow
• Chariot technical team continues to identify, evaluate and quantify additional material gas prospects in the Lixus licence based on the reprocessed data
• Management to hold a detailed audio webcast for investors at 12.00 noon (BST) on 8 September 2020
Adonis Pouroulis, Acting CEO, commented: “The recent work on the Lixus Licence confirms the materiality of the Anchois Gas Field Development project. We continue to hold the view that this asset has the capacity to be a value accretive and long-term project of national significance to Morocco. The Anchois development has the potential to supply material gas volumes into existing markets in the near-term, and the exploration prospectivity of the Lixus licence is of a scale sufficient to provide the Moroccan power sector with a clean, reliable, low cost and sustainable supply of gas for decades to come. We continue to make progress in unlocking the Anchois development and generating near term cash flows and we look forward to keeping our shareholders updated on developments on Lixus and, as previously announced, the other opportunities being reviewed over the coming months.”
The Lixus licence covers an area of approximately 2,390km2 , 30km north of Chariot’s existing Moroccan acreage, with water depths ranging from the coastline to 850m. The area has been subject to earlier exploration with legacy 3D seismic data covering approximately 1,425km2 and 4 exploration wells, including the Anchois gas discovery.
- JACQUES SAADE FIRST LNG-POWERED 23,000 TEU CONTAINER SHIP JOINS CMA CGM FLEET 23rd September 2020
- EXXONMOBIL REPORTS 18th DISCOVERY OFFSHORE GUYANA 09th September 2020
- VLCC TANKER NEW DIAMOND ABLAZE OFF SRI LANKA 07th September 2020
- SCHLUMBERGER SELLS ITS NORTH AMERICAN FRACTURING BUSINESS TO LIBERTY 02nd September 2020
- EXELON GENERATION TO RETIRE BYRON AND DRESDEN NUCLEAL PLANTS IN 2021 28th August 2020
- NUCLEAR GENERATION REACHED NEAR-RECORD HIGH IN 2019 26th August 2020