CHARIOT SELECTS THE SEMI-SUBMERSIBLE STENA DON FOR DRILLING OFFSHORE MOROCCO
Stena Drilling advised it has signed a new contract with Chariot for a drilling program offshore Morocco with the semi-submersible Stena Don.
The unit will be used to drill the Anchois appraisal well within the Lixus licence. The Lixus licence covers an area of approximately 2,390km2 , 30km north of Chariot’s existing Moroccan acreage, with water depths ranging from the coastline to 850m. The area has been subject to earlier exploration with legacy 3D seismic data covering approximately 1,425km2 and 4 exploration wells, including the Anchois gas discovery.
The Stena Don, a harsh environment, dynamically-positioned, 5th generation semi-submersible drilling rig, which can drill in waters up to 650 meters deep. At 95.5 meters in length and with a beam of 67 meters, it was built by the Kvaerner Warnow Werft Shipyard in Germany in 2001.
Stena Don is currently under contract with Petrofac in the UK North Sea.
Stena Drilling, based in Aberdeen, UK, operates a fleet of six offshore drilling rigs consisting of four ultra-deepwater drillships ( Stena Caroon, Stena DrillMax, Stena Forth, Stena IceMax) and two semi-submersibles (Stena Don and and Stena Spey). 100% of the fleet is currently active.
Chariot Transitional Energy (formerly Chariot Oil & Gas) registered in Guernsey has operations in Morocco, Brazil and Namibia.
(Source: Chariot – Image: Semi-submersible Stena Don/Stena Drilling)
- MAERSK VOYAGER TO DRILL WORLD RECORD WELL OFFSHORE ANGOLA 18th October 2021
- AKER BP – 35 YEARS OLD ULA FIELD WILL PRODUCE OIL FOR AT LEAST 10 MORE YEARS 12th October 2021
- GIANT LIANGHEKOU HYDROPOWER PLANT BEGINS OPERATIONS IN SICHUAN PROVINCE 10th October 2021
- RYSTAD ENERGY – VACA MUERTA QUICKEST GROWING SHALE PLAY IN THE WORLD 08th October 2021
- VAN OORD ORDERS MEGA JACKUP TO INSTALL 20 MW OFFSHORE WIND TURBINES 04th October 2021