CHEVRON LUMMUS AWARDED CONTRACT FOR PANIPAT REFINERY IN INDIA
Chevron Lummus Global (CLG) has been awarded a contract by Indian Oil Corporation Ltd.’s Panipat Refinery in Haryana, India. The lubricants base oil plant will employ CLG’s ISOCRACKING, ISODEWAXING and ISOFINISHING technologies as part of IOCL’s refinery expansion project.
CLG will provide the license, basic engineering, proprietary equipment and catalyst, along with technical services. The catalytic dewaxing unit will be designed to produce mainly premium API Group III base oils by processing unconverted oil from an upstream hydrocracking unit. The unit is expected to bring significant benefits to the region by minimizing existing dependence on imported base oils.
For more than twenty-five years, CLG’s lubricants technologies have provided worldwide licensees superior performance, profitability and optimum utilization of existing assets. Decades of dedicated research and development make CLG the most trusted technology provider for the production of superior base oils and ultra-pure white oils.
Chevron Lummus Global (CLG), a joint venture between Chevron U.S.A. Inc. and Lummus Technology, is a leading process technology licensor for refining hydroprocessing technologies and alternative source fuels, as well as a global leader in catalyst system supply. CLG offers the most complete bottom-of-the-barrel solution for upgrading heavy oil residues. Our research and development experts are continuously seeking advancements in technology and catalysts that will improve operating economics for your next project.
(Source: Chevron Lummus)
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023