CHINA REPORTS 11.17% GROWTH IN NUCLEAR POWER GENERATION IN 2022
The China National Nuclear Corporation (CNNC) generated nearly 218.74 billion kilowatt-hours of electricity from commercial operation in 2022, an increase of 21.97 billion kilowatt-hours over the same period of the previous year, up by 11.17 percent. The total on-grid energy reached 206.48 billion kilowatt-hours, an 11.68 percent year-on-year increase.
Among them, the cumulative electricity generated by CNNC’s nuclear power units stood at about 185.24 billion kilowatt-hours in 2022, growing 7 percent from the previous year.
In terms of new energy power generation, the CNNC saw a large expansion in its new energy installed capacity, with new energy power generation surging by 51.16 percent year-on-year to about 22.48 billion kilowatt-hours in 2022.
(Source and image: CNNC – Image: Hualong NPP, China)
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023