CHINA THREE GORGES AND GOLDWIND UNVEIL WORLD’SLARGEST OFFSHORE WIND TURBINE
China Three Gorges (CTG) and the Chinese wind turbine manufacturer Goldwind rolled off the production line of a 13.6-megawatt offshore wind turbine in east China’s Fujian Province.
The wind turbine has the largest single-unit capacity in the Asia-Pacific region and the largest impeller diameter in the world, marking the country’s breakthrough in the research and manufacturing of these high-end equipment.
Its impeller diameter stands at 252 meters, providing a swept area of 50,000 square meters, it is equivalent to seven standard football fields.
It will produce clean energy of 63.5 million kWh annually with a single wind turbine unit , meeting power demand for more than 30,000 families per year and reducing the consumption of standard coal by 19,000 tonnes and CO2 emissions by 48,000 tonnes.
(Source and image CTG)
- QATAR ENERGY AND SINOPEC SIGN 27-YEAR LNG SUPPLY AGREEMENT 22nd November 2022
- SCHLUMBERGER CHANGES ITS NAME TO SLB TO DRIVE THE FUTURE OF ENERGY 25th October 2022
- ADNOC BREAKS RECORD FOR THE LONGEST WELL EVER DRILLED 21st October 2022
- SAIPEM AWARDED BY QATARGAS ITS LARGEST SINGLE CONTRACT IN THE COMPANY HISTORY 20th October 2022
- CAMECO AND BROOKFIELD FORM PARTNERSHIP TO ACQUIRE WESTINGHOUSE ELECTRIC 17th October 2022
- SIEMENS GAMESA SG 14-222 DD WIND TURBINE PRODUCED 359 MW WITHIN 24 HOUR 14th October 2022