CNOOC REPORTS NEW GAS DISCOVERY IN BOHAI SEA
CNOOC Limited announced that the Company has recently made a mid-sized natural gas field discovery Bozhong 19-6 in Bohai.
Bozhong 19-6 trap is located in the southwest sag of Bozhong south central Bohai, with an average water depth of about 22 meters.
The discovery well Bozhong 19-6-1 is drilled and completed at a depth of 4,181 meters and encountered oil pay zones with a total thickness of approximately 25 meters and gas reservoir with a total thickness of about 348 meters. The evaluation well was tested to produce about 1,000 barrels of oil and 6.4 million cubic feet of natural gas per day.
Mr. Xie Yuhong, Executive Vice President of the Company and General Manager of Exploration Department commented, “The natural gas field discovery of Bozhong 19-6 demonstrates the good prospects of buried hills for future gas exploration of Bohai Bay and lays a solid foundation for Company’s quality clean energy supply for Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei region”. (Source: CNOOC)
- QATARENERGY TO INCREASE AL-SHAHEEN OIL PRODUCTION BY 100,000 BARRELS PER DAY 02nd February 2024
- MAJOR PIPELAY ACCIDENT OFF THE COAST OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA 01st February 2024
- LATIN AMERICA AND AFRICA WILL LEAD THE WAY IN HIGH-IMPACT EXPLORATION DRILLING 01st February 2024
- SLB AND EQUINOR DRILL LONGEST WELL SECTION IN AUTONOMOUS MODE 31st January 2024
- SHELL TURNS A PAGE OF HISTORY IN NIGERIA 18th January 2024