CNOOC SIGNS AGREEMENT WITH NOVATEK FOR ARCTIC LNG 2
As part of Saint-Petersburg International Economic Forum, PAO Novatek announced that it has signed the Share Purchase Agreement with CNOOC Ltd. in relation to the sale of a 10% participation interest in the Arctic LNG 2 project. The Agreement will close in the nearest future subject to approval by regulatory authorities of the Russian Federation and the People’s Republic of China.
The Arctic LNG 2 project envisages constructing three LNG trains at 6.6 million tons per annum each, using gravity-based structure (GBS) platforms. The Project is based on the hydrocarbon resources of the Utrenneye field. As of 31 December 2018, the Utrenneye field’s 2P reserves under PRMS totaled 7,981 million barrels of oil equivalent. Under the Russian classification reserves totaled 13,835 million barrels of oil equivalent. OOO Arctic LNG 2 owns an LNG export license.
(Source and image: Novatek/Construction of Utrenneye berthing facility)
- LM WIND POWER SHOWS OFF WORLD’S LONGEST WIND TURBINE BLADE 24th June 2019
- PIONEERING SPIRITS LIFTS 25,000 TON BRENT BRAVO TOPSIDES 20th June 2019
- TWO OIL TANKERS DAMAGED IN SUSPECTED ATTACK IN THE GULF OF OMAN 14th June 2019
- WESTERN AUSTRALIA – SHELL SHIPS FIRST CARGO FROM PRELUDE FLNG 11th June 2019
- TOTAL STARTS UP PRODUCTION AT CULZEAN FIELD IN UK NORTH SEA 11th June 2019
- FLOATEL AND PROSAFE TO CREATE OFFSHORE PROSAFE SE ACCOMMODATION GIANT 05th June 2019