CNOOC SIGNS AGREEMENT WITH NOVATEK FOR ARCTIC LNG 2
As part of Saint-Petersburg International Economic Forum, PAO Novatek announced that it has signed the Share Purchase Agreement with CNOOC Ltd. in relation to the sale of a 10% participation interest in the Arctic LNG 2 project. The Agreement will close in the nearest future subject to approval by regulatory authorities of the Russian Federation and the People’s Republic of China.
The Arctic LNG 2 project envisages constructing three LNG trains at 6.6 million tons per annum each, using gravity-based structure (GBS) platforms. The Project is based on the hydrocarbon resources of the Utrenneye field. As of 31 December 2018, the Utrenneye field’s 2P reserves under PRMS totaled 7,981 million barrels of oil equivalent. Under the Russian classification reserves totaled 13,835 million barrels of oil equivalent. OOO Arctic LNG 2 owns an LNG export license.
(Source and image: Novatek/Construction of Utrenneye berthing facility)
- EXXONMOBIL REPORTS NEW OIL FIND ON THE STABROEK BLOCK OFFSHORE GUYANA 16th September 2019
- AIRBUS HELICOPTERS FINDS ROOT CAUSE OF THE TUROY H225 CRASH 14th September 2019
- LAUNCH OF THE GIANT ARCTIC LNG 2 DEVELOPMENT APPROVED 09th September 2019
- EXXONMOBIL TO LEAVE NORWAY FOR GOOD – THE END OF A BEAUTIFUL STORY 08th September 2019
- NORTH SEA GIANT JOHAN SVERDRUP ON STREAM IN OCTOBER 06th September 2019