CONDOR STARTS DRILLING YAKAMOZ-1 IN TURKEY
Condor Petroleum, a Canadian based oil and gas company focused on exploration and production activities in Turkey and Kazakhstan, provides an operations update.
Drilling has commenced on the Yakamoz 1 exploration well which is located 2 km north of the Company’s 100% owned and operated Poyraz Ridge gas field located in the Gallipoli Penisula, Turkey. Based on existing seismic data and well results from Poyraz Ridge, the Yakamoz prospect could be more highly fractured and gas rich than the reservoirs encountered at Poyraz Ridge. The well is expected to reach its planned total depth of 2000 meters in early Q3 2017.
Poyraz Ridge development remains on track to begin gas production in Q3 2017. Construction of the Central Processing Facility is 85% complete and commissioning activities are planned to commence in early Q3 2017. Construction of the 6” gas sales line is ongoing, with surface right-of-way access rights continuing in parallel with pipeline construction.
The Poyraz West 4 development well was drilled to 2164 meters with the horizontal leg commencing at 1714 meters and penetrating the upper Gazhanedere sandstone interval. The high wellbore placement, in conjunction with the inherently lower drawdown pressures associated with a horizontal well, is expected to mitigate any paraffin production as experienced on some of the other Poyraz Ridge wells although no paraffin issues have been encountered on prior tests of this upper Gazhanedere interval. The Poyraz West 4 well is expected to have higher deliverability than prior vertical wells and will be completed and tied into the processing facilities once the Yakamoz 1 well has been evaluated. (Source: Condor)
- QATAR PETROLEUM SIGNS THE LARGEST SHIPBUILDING AGREEMENT IN HISTORY 02nd June 2020
- MAKO GAS FIELD BECOMES THE LARGEST GAS FIELD IN WEST NATUNA BASIN 26th May 2020
- NEPTUNE ENERGY CONDUCTS WORLD’S FIRST IN DUAL DRILLING SUBSEA AT FENJA FIELD 13th May 2020
- TOTAL REINFORCES ITS ACTION PLAN TO FACE THE CURRENT CRISIS 06th May 2020
- REPSOL AND PARTNERS MAKE TWO OIL DISCOVERIES OFFSHORE MEXICO 06th May 2020
- CHEVRON BOOKS PROFITS BUT TRIMS SAILS FOR DIFFICULT DAYS AHEAD 04th May 2020