DANOS SECURES CONTRACT FOR TITAN SPAR IN THE GULF OF MEXICO
Danos has secured a contract with Equinor for production operation support on its Titan SPAR platform, located in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico.
The Equinor project began late 2018 and employs production personnel on the floating drilling and production structure located at Mississippi Canyon block 941 at a depth of nearly 4,000 feet. This is Danos’ second job with Equinor, as it was awarded a contract for coatings maintenance on the Titan platform earlier this fall.
“Danos is excited for the opportunity to work with a high-performing company like Equinor,” said owner Paul Danos. “Securing and executing the details of the contract has been a true team effort, and we look forward to continuing our commitment to customer service and excellence.”
Danos has also been awarded a multi-year contract for production operations with another major oil and gas producer in the Gulf of Mexico. As a result of these recent contract awards, Danos has increased its production workforce by about 150 new employees. The majority of these new positions are production operators who will be working on the Gulf Coast, with projects spanning from Galveston, Texas, to Venice, Louisiana.
“Danos’ ability to provide a recruiting and retention model for competent and skilled workers heavily influenced both contracts,” said Danos. “I commend Danos’ operations team, as well as our human resources team who worked closely with our customers’ operations and procurement teams to make both projects possible.”
Headquartered in Gray, LA and founded in 1947, Danos is a family-owned and managed oilfield service provider. (Source: Danos)
- LM WIND POWER SHOWS OFF WORLD’S LONGEST WIND TURBINE BLADE 24th June 2019
- PIONEERING SPIRITS LIFTS 25,000 TON BRENT BRAVO TOPSIDES 20th June 2019
- TWO OIL TANKERS DAMAGED IN SUSPECTED ATTACK IN THE GULF OF OMAN 14th June 2019
- WESTERN AUSTRALIA – SHELL SHIPS FIRST CARGO FROM PRELUDE FLNG 11th June 2019
- TOTAL STARTS UP PRODUCTION AT CULZEAN FIELD IN UK NORTH SEA 11th June 2019
- FLOATEL AND PROSAFE TO CREATE OFFSHORE PROSAFE SE ACCOMMODATION GIANT 05th June 2019