DANOS SECURES SHELL PRODUCTION CONTRACT IN THE GULF OF MEXICO
Danos has been awarded a contract with Shell Exploration and Production Company, a subsidiary of Royal Dutch Shell plc, to provide a production workforce across Shell production assets in the Gulf of Mexico, including Appomattox, Auger, Enchilada, Salsa, Mars, Ursa, Olympus, Perdido and Stones.
The three-year contract began on May 1 and will employ 144 Danos personnel in a variety of positions including: crane operations, control room and process operators, electricians, electronic technicians, instrument technicians, logistics and onsite supervisors.
“Danos and Shell have partnered since 1971, and we are proud to continue that relationship,” said owner Eric Danos. “With a 73-year history, Danos has lived through many industry cycles. In today’s market, we understand the need to find innovative ways to provide services to our customers, and this contract is an example of that.”
A family-owned company, Danos was founded in 1947. From a small tugboat company, the company has grown into a trusted strategic partner for oil and gas operators around the globe. The company offers land-based and offshore customers an extensive range of production services, including: workforce, fabrication, construction, project management, coatings, instrumentation and electrical, materials management. Danos has more than 1,800 employees, 11 offices in Louisiana, Pennsylvania, Texas and West Africa, and operations across in the Gulf of Mexico, the North American shale plays and Equatorial Guinea, West Africa.
(Source: Danos – Image: Appomattox platform)
- CHESAPEAKE FILES FOR CHAPTER 11 30th June 2020
- BP SELLS ITS PETROCHEMICAL BUSINESS TO INEOS 30th June 2020
- NORILSK NICKEL TANK COLLAPSES – 21,000 TONS OF DIESEL LEAK INTO ARTIC RIVER 05th June 2020
- VATTENFALL TO CONSTRUCT WORLD’S LARGEST OFFSHORE WINDFARM 05th June 2020
- QATAR PETROLEUM SIGNS THE LARGEST SHIPBUILDING AGREEMENT IN HISTORY 02nd June 2020
- MAKO GAS FIELD BECOMES THE LARGEST GAS FIELD IN WEST NATUNA BASIN 26th May 2020
- NEPTUNE ENERGY CONDUCTS WORLD’S FIRST IN DUAL DRILLING SUBSEA AT FENJA FIELD 13th May 2020