DANOS SECURES SHELL PRODUCTION CONTRACT IN THE GULF OF MEXICO
Danos has been awarded a contract with Shell Exploration and Production Company, a subsidiary of Royal Dutch Shell plc, to provide a production workforce across Shell production assets in the Gulf of Mexico, including Appomattox, Auger, Enchilada, Salsa, Mars, Ursa, Olympus, Perdido and Stones.
The three-year contract began on May 1 and will employ 144 Danos personnel in a variety of positions including: crane operations, control room and process operators, electricians, electronic technicians, instrument technicians, logistics and onsite supervisors.
“Danos and Shell have partnered since 1971, and we are proud to continue that relationship,” said owner Eric Danos. “With a 73-year history, Danos has lived through many industry cycles. In today’s market, we understand the need to find innovative ways to provide services to our customers, and this contract is an example of that.”
A family-owned company, Danos was founded in 1947. From a small tugboat company, the company has grown into a trusted strategic partner for oil and gas operators around the globe. The company offers land-based and offshore customers an extensive range of production services, including: workforce, fabrication, construction, project management, coatings, instrumentation and electrical, materials management. Danos has more than 1,800 employees, 11 offices in Louisiana, Pennsylvania, Texas and West Africa, and operations across in the Gulf of Mexico, the North American shale plays and Equatorial Guinea, West Africa.
(Source: Danos – Image: Appomattox platform)
- WOODSIDE AND SANTOS IN TALKS TO FORM AUSTRALIAN GAS GIANT 08th December 2023
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023