DEEPOCEAN AWARDED TRENCHING SERVICES CONTRACT OFFSHORE AUSTRALIA
DeepOcean 1 UK Ltd., a subsidiary of DeepOcean Group Holding, announced that the company has been awarded a contract within the Oil and Gas sector for the provision of post-lay trenching services along 65km of umbilical offshore Australia.
The post-lay trenching works are planned to commence late 2018 with the T1 trencher. This contract award has come on the back of three successfully completed projects with this trencher offshore UAE in 2016, early 2017 and more recently in 2018.
The 25 Te self-loading trencher T1, recently upgraded with the latest remote monitoring technology control system, has successfully completed over 1,700 km of trenching on a range of cables and pipelines. T1 is a recently upgraded mechanical trenching system with the unique ability to deliver trenching capability both subsea and onshore. The trencher has 520kW of total power and can be adapted to operate in cutting and jetting mode for multiple soil and environmental conditions. Enhanced burial depths to 1.3m in cutting mode and 2.0m in jetting mode can be achieved. T1 is a solution for the burial of pipelines, flowlines, umbilicals and power cables on the beach, in the surf and offshore
Andrew Piasecki, Commercial Director Cable Lay and Trenching, states, “We are extremely pleased to receive this award. It is a testament to the confidence our clients have in DeepOcean’s ability to provide burial solutions on a global basis in varying soil conditions. We are looking forward to a successful campaign and supporting our client on this key project.” (Source and image: DeepOcean/T1 trencher)
- LM WIND POWER SHOWS OFF WORLD’S LONGEST WIND TURBINE BLADE 24th June 2019
- PIONEERING SPIRITS LIFTS 25,000 TON BRENT BRAVO TOPSIDES 20th June 2019
- TWO OIL TANKERS DAMAGED IN SUSPECTED ATTACK IN THE GULF OF OMAN 14th June 2019
- WESTERN AUSTRALIA – SHELL SHIPS FIRST CARGO FROM PRELUDE FLNG 11th June 2019
- TOTAL STARTS UP PRODUCTION AT CULZEAN FIELD IN UK NORTH SEA 11th June 2019
- FLOATEL AND PROSAFE TO CREATE OFFSHORE PROSAFE SE ACCOMMODATION GIANT 05th June 2019