DEEPWATER CONQUEROR – TWO-YEAR CONTRACT IN THE US GULF OF MEXICO AT $440,000 PER DAY
Transocean announced that the ultra-deepwater drillship, Deepwater Conqueror, has been awarded a two-year contract by a major operator for work in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico at $440,000 per day with up to an incremental $39,000 per day for additional products and services.
Excluding revenue associated with the additional products and services, the new contract adds an estimated $321 million in backlog and is expected to begin in December 2022 in direct continuation of the rig’s current contract.
Deepwater Conqueror is an ultra-deepwater drillship capable to drill in water depths up to 12,000 ft. The unit was delivered from the Daewoo Okpo shipyard in South Korea in 2016. Deepwater Conqueror is currently contracted by Chevron in the US Gulf of Mexico.
(Source: Transocean – Image: Deepwater Conqueror)
- EXXONMOBIL MAKES THE SIXTH AND SEVENTH DISCOVERIES OFFSHORE GUYANA THIS YEAR 27th July 2022
- THE SHARP DROP OF RECOVERABLE OIL WORLDWIDE TREATENS GLOBAL ENERGY SECURITY 09th July 2022
- ROSNEFT REPORTS LARGE OIL DISCOVERY IN THE PECHORA SEA 07th July 2022
- SINGAPORE – SEMCORP MARINE DELIVERS WORLD’S FIRST EIGHT GENERATION DRILLSHIP 30th June 2022
- SONATRACH MAKES IMPORTANT GAS AND CONDENSATE DISCOVERY IN HASSI R’MEL AREA 29th June 2022