DELTAMARIN WORKS ON TITANIC II – THE SHIP WHERE DREAMS COME TRUE
Blue Star Line confirmed earlier this autumn that work on the Titanic ll ocean liner will continue. Deltamarin has now also recommenced the work on the project.
Deltamarin is reviewing the project to ensure that the vessel will be compliant with all relevant regulations and that it will meet Blue Star Line’s design criteria. Deltamarin will be responsible for coordinating the various parties involved in the rebuild including shipyards, architects, interior designers and operation managers. Discussions about further involvement in the project are also underway.
“Blue Star Line will create an authentic Titanic experience, providing passengers with a ship that has the same interiors and cabin layout as the original vessel, while integrating modern safety procedures, navigation methods and 21st century technology to produce the highest level of luxurious comfort,” says Blue Star Line Chairman Clive Palmer.
“For more than 100 years, Titanic has been the inspiration of many stories and movies, truly a mythical piece of history. We at Deltamarin are excited to be a part of Blue Star Line’s ambitious project where the aim is to build Titanic II and make history again. Deltamarin is proud to participate in this unique and extremely interesting project,” says Janne Uotila, Managing Director at Deltamarin.
Blue Star Line, the Australian shipping company behind the project, first introduced the idea in 2012, positioning Titanic II as “the ship where dreams come true”.
Headquartered in Turku, Finland, Deltamarin Oy provides ship design, offshore engineering, and construction services for marine and offshore industries worldwide.
(Source and image: Deltamarin)
- OCEAN GREATWHITE WORLD’S LAGEST DRILLING SEMI-SUBMERSIBLE ARRIVES AT KISHORN PORT 18th January 2019
- NEW HORIZONS MAKES HISTORIC FLYBY OF ULTIMA THULE 01st January 2019
- NASA: ARCTIC ICE GROWS AT FASTER PACE IN WINTER 29th December 2018
- TRANSOCEAN AWARDED FIVE-YEAR CONTRACT FOR NEWBUILD ULTRA-DEEPWATER DRILLSHIP 29th December 2018
- SHELL PRELUDE FLNG FACILITY STARTS PRODUCTION IN WESTERN AUSTRALIA 26th December 2018
- AASTA HANSTEEN GAS FIELD ON STREAM 18th December 2018