DEVELOPMENT DRILLING STARTS AT LAN DO FIELD OFF VIETNAM
Rosneft Vietnam B.V. has started drillling of LD-3P (Lan Do field) production well as part of Block 06.1 development. Rosneft acts as an operator of this project which proves high level of its competencies in implementation of complex offshore drilling programs that are technically challenging. arget depth of the well is about 1200 m along the well bore, sea depth at the drilling site is around 160 meters. As estimated Lan Do field has initial natural gas reserves of 23 billion cubic meters. Underwater infrastructure objects will be built and connected to operating offshore objects of Block 06.1 (Lan Tay platform) in order to develop additional reserves of the field. Processed gas and natural gas liquid are delivered from the platform to the shore by the two-phase Nam Con Son pipeline that is 370 km long. It is the longest two-phase pipeline in South East Asia. Due to the two-phase technology gas and gas condensate are delivered to the onshore processing facility simultaneously.
During 2018 Rosneft is also planning to perform sidetracking of previously drilled PLD-1P exploration well on Phong Lan Dai field (Wild Orchid) which is also located within Block 06.1. Target depth of the well is 1300 meters. As a result the well will be reclassified as a production well.
Drilling on Lan Do and Phong Lan Dai will be carried out using Japanese drilling equipment Hakuryu-5 made by Japanese company Japan Drilling Co., Ltd (JDC). Block 06.1 production wells will be connected to existing infrastructure objects which will provide synergy between two projects, help to speed up wells commissioning and maximize effectiveness of Block 06.1 development in Vietnam.
Lan Do gas field lays in Block 06.1 of the Nam Con Son Basin, about 365km offshore of the southern coast of Vietnam. (Source: Rosneft – Image: Hakuryu-5/JDC)
- TIDEWATER AND GULFMARK TO MERGE 16th July 2018
- WEATHERFORD DROPS LAND DRILLING OPERATIONS IN ALGERIA, KUWAIT AND SAUDI ARABIA 13th July 2018
- BP: START-UP OF SHAH DENIZ 2 OFFSHORE AZERBAIJAN 04th July 2018
- GENERAL ELECTRIC TO SPIN OFF BAKER HUGHES AND GE HEALTHCARE 27th June 2018
- GE AND EDF TO CONSTRUCT SIX EPR’s IN INDIA 27th June 2018
- USGS: EAGLE FORD HOLDS 8.5 BILLION BARRELS OF UNDISCOVERED OIL 25th June 2018
- EIGHTH OIL DISCOVERY OFFSHORE GUYANA FOR EXXONMOBIL 21st June 2018