DEVELOPMENT DRILLING STARTS AT LAN DO FIELD OFF VIETNAM
Rosneft Vietnam B.V. has started drillling of LD-3P (Lan Do field) production well as part of Block 06.1 development. Rosneft acts as an operator of this project which proves high level of its competencies in implementation of complex offshore drilling programs that are technically challenging. arget depth of the well is about 1200 m along the well bore, sea depth at the drilling site is around 160 meters. As estimated Lan Do field has initial natural gas reserves of 23 billion cubic meters. Underwater infrastructure objects will be built and connected to operating offshore objects of Block 06.1 (Lan Tay platform) in order to develop additional reserves of the field. Processed gas and natural gas liquid are delivered from the platform to the shore by the two-phase Nam Con Son pipeline that is 370 km long. It is the longest two-phase pipeline in South East Asia. Due to the two-phase technology gas and gas condensate are delivered to the onshore processing facility simultaneously.
During 2018 Rosneft is also planning to perform sidetracking of previously drilled PLD-1P exploration well on Phong Lan Dai field (Wild Orchid) which is also located within Block 06.1. Target depth of the well is 1300 meters. As a result the well will be reclassified as a production well.
Drilling on Lan Do and Phong Lan Dai will be carried out using Japanese drilling equipment Hakuryu-5 made by Japanese company Japan Drilling Co., Ltd (JDC). Block 06.1 production wells will be connected to existing infrastructure objects which will provide synergy between two projects, help to speed up wells commissioning and maximize effectiveness of Block 06.1 development in Vietnam.
Lan Do gas field lays in Block 06.1 of the Nam Con Son Basin, about 365km offshore of the southern coast of Vietnam. (Source: Rosneft – Image: Hakuryu-5/JDC)
- AASTA HANSTEEN GAS FIELD ON STREAM 18th December 2018
- ARGENTINA: PETRONAS AND YPF TO INVEST $2.3 BILLION IN LA AMARGA CHICA 12th December 2018
- ENI STRIKES OIL IN THE AFOXE PROSPECT OFFSHORE ANGOLA 10th December 2018
- TALOS ENERGY COMMENCES ZAMA-2 APPRAISAL CAMPAIGN 04th December 2018
- EXXONMOBIL MAKES 10TH DISCOVERY IN STABROEK BLOCK OFFSHORE GUYANA 04th December 2018
- IXACHI BECOMES MEXICO’S LARGEST DISCOVERY IN 25 YEARS 03rd December 2018
- THE GIGANTIC AIRPORTS OF THE FUTURE – ISTANBUL, DAXING, CHANGI, LONG THANH 24th November 2018
- BP STARTS UP CLAIR RIDGE OIL PRODUCTION IN WEST OF SHETLAND 24th November 2018