DIAMOND OFFSHORE -CONTRACT EXTENSION FOR THE SEMI-SUBMERSIBLE OCEAN PATRIOT
Houston-based offshore drilling contractor Diamond Offshore advised that it has secured a one-year contract extension with Apache for the semi-submersible Ocean Patriot. According to the company’s fleet status report the contract extension will keep the semi-submersible busy until June 2021. Apache contracted the unit in 2018.
Ocean Patriot is a Trosvik Bing 3000 mid-water semi-submersible drilling rig built in 1983 by CNIM at La Seyne-sur-Mer shipyard in France.
Diamond offshore also reported that the Ocean Great White semi-submersible is currently warm stacked in the UK and waiting on new opportunities.
The deepwater water semi-submersible Ocean America and the 1973-built ultra-deepwater semi-submersible Ocean Rover are reported idle in Malaysia.
The semi-submersible Ocean Confidence built in Japan in 1987 is held for sale.
Diamond offshore operates a fleet of 16 offshore drilling rigs from which 12 are currently active.
(Source: Ocean Patriot)
- QATAR PETROLEUM SIGNS THE LARGEST SHIPBUILDING AGREEMENT IN HISTORY 02nd June 2020
- MAKO GAS FIELD BECOMES THE LARGEST GAS FIELD IN WEST NATUNA BASIN 26th May 2020
- NEPTUNE ENERGY CONDUCTS WORLD’S FIRST IN DUAL DRILLING SUBSEA AT FENJA FIELD 13th May 2020
- TOTAL REINFORCES ITS ACTION PLAN TO FACE THE CURRENT CRISIS 06th May 2020
- REPSOL AND PARTNERS MAKE TWO OIL DISCOVERIES OFFSHORE MEXICO 06th May 2020
- CHEVRON BOOKS PROFITS BUT TRIMS SAILS FOR DIFFICULT DAYS AHEAD 04th May 2020
- 5,000 TON LIEBHERR CRANE CRASHES DURING LOAD TEST ON ORION 1 INSTALLATION VESSEL 04th May 2020