DIAMOND OFFSHORE -CONTRACT EXTENSION FOR THE SEMI-SUBMERSIBLE OCEAN PATRIOT
Houston-based offshore drilling contractor Diamond Offshore advised that it has secured a one-year contract extension with Apache for the semi-submersible Ocean Patriot. According to the company’s fleet status report the contract extension will keep the semi-submersible busy until June 2021. Apache contracted the unit in 2018.
Ocean Patriot is a Trosvik Bing 3000 mid-water semi-submersible drilling rig built in 1983 by CNIM at La Seyne-sur-Mer shipyard in France.
Diamond offshore also reported that the Ocean Great White semi-submersible is currently warm stacked in the UK and waiting on new opportunities.
The deepwater water semi-submersible Ocean America and the 1973-built ultra-deepwater semi-submersible Ocean Rover are reported idle in Malaysia.
The semi-submersible Ocean Confidence built in Japan in 1987 is held for sale.
Diamond offshore operates a fleet of 16 offshore drilling rigs from which 12 are currently active.
(Source: Ocean Patriot)
- PETROFAC EMIRATES AWARDED TWO CONTRACTS WORTH $1.65 BILLION IN ABU DHABI 19th February 2020
- ENI DISCOVERS OIL IN THE MID-DEEP WATER OF THE CUENCA SALINA OFFSHORE MEXICO 18th February 2020
- JEBEL ALI BECOMES THE LARGEST GAS DISCOVERY IN 15 YEARS 05th February 2020
- STAGE COMPLETIONS COMPLETES RECORD 142-STAGE JOB IN THE PERMIAN BASIN 30th January 2020
- EXXONMOBIL DISCOVERS OIL AT UARU OFFSHORE GUYANA 29th January 2020
- ENCANA BECOMES OVINTIV AND ESTABLISHES HEADQUARTERS IN DENVER 27th January 2020
- HALLIBURTON REPORTS $1.7 BILLION LOSS IN Q4 2019 22nd January 2020