DORADO: ONE OF THE LARGEST OIL RESOURCES EVER FOUND ON THE AUSTRALIAN NORTH WEST SHELF
Carnarvon Petroleum has completed its assessment of the hydrocarbon volumes within the Dorado structure in WA-437-P.
Carnarvon’s Managing Director and CEO, Adrian Cook said “the 171 million barrels of oil discovered in Dorado is one of the largest oil resources ever found on the North West Shelf. Oil fields of this significant scale are not often found, with the last large field discovery on the North West Shelf being around 30 years ago. It is common for additional resources to be discovered in the surrounding area after a large discovery. In this regard we expect to provide the market with further details on prospects identified by the play concept now proven at Dorado, that we believe have the potential to also contain oil resources.” “The gas and condensate discovered in the Phoenix Project is also is a significant and valuable resource that is in addition to the discovered oil. Dorado discovered 552 billion cubic feet of gas and 16 million barrels of condensate on a 2C basis. When combined with the nearby Roc field, the aggregate resource is around 884 billion cubic feet of gas and 36 million barrels of associated condensate on a gross 2C basis.” Mr Cook said. “These volumetric results reiterate the significance of the Dorado discovery and we look forward to maturing this resource and finding additional neighbouring resources in our future drilling programs.”
The Quadrant-Carnarvon Joint Venture confimed the Dorado-1 discovery in July 2018. The well was drilled using the jackup Ensco-107.
- TOTAL REPORTS IMPORTANT DISCOVERY IN THE OUTENIQUA BASIN OFFSHORE SOUTH AFRICA 07th February 2019
- NEW OIL DISCOVERIES OFFSHORE GUYANA AT TILAPIA AND HAIMARA WELLS 07th February 2019
- THE WORLD’S MOST POPULATED CITIES IN 2035 02nd February 2019
- EXXONMOBIL LEADER OF THE OIL AND GAS EXPLORERS IN 2018 01st February 2019
- OCEAN GREATWHITE WORLD’S LAGEST DRILLING SEMI-SUBMERSIBLE ARRIVES AT KISHORN PORT 18th January 2019