DRILLSHIP PACIFIC MELTEM MOBILIZES TO THE US GULF OF MEXICO
Pacific Drilling reported one new contracts and one contract extension for the drillships Pacific Meltem and Pacific Sharav respectively.
Murphy oil has extended the contract for the Pacific Meltem to drill two additional wells in the Us Gulf of Mexico with one extra well option. The contract extension will keep the unit active with Murphy Oil until Febuary 2021 at a daily rate of $230,000.
Pacific Drilling reported that the Pacific Meltem, ready stacked in Canary Island is currently mobilizing for the US Gulf of Mexico. Client and daily rate are not disclosed. Infield rig database shows that the unit is contracted by Atlantia Resources. Based in Houston, Atlantia is focused on the development of oil and gas reserves in the Gulf of Mexico. The company plans to develop the Prometheus field located located in the prolific Perdido Fold Belt, East of Brownsville, in the US Gulf of Mexico.
Currently, Pacific Drilling has 7 modern drillships: Pacific Meltem, Pacific Sharav, Pacific Khamsin, Pacific Santa Ana, Pacific Scirocco, Pacific Mistral and Pacific Bora
Pacific Scirocco and Pacific Mistral are reported idle and stacked in Las Palmas.
(Source: Pacific Drilling)
- QATAR PETROLEUM SIGNS THE LARGEST SHIPBUILDING AGREEMENT IN HISTORY 02nd June 2020
- MAKO GAS FIELD BECOMES THE LARGEST GAS FIELD IN WEST NATUNA BASIN 26th May 2020
- NEPTUNE ENERGY CONDUCTS WORLD’S FIRST IN DUAL DRILLING SUBSEA AT FENJA FIELD 13th May 2020
- TOTAL REINFORCES ITS ACTION PLAN TO FACE THE CURRENT CRISIS 06th May 2020
- REPSOL AND PARTNERS MAKE TWO OIL DISCOVERIES OFFSHORE MEXICO 06th May 2020
- CHEVRON BOOKS PROFITS BUT TRIMS SAILS FOR DIFFICULT DAYS AHEAD 04th May 2020
- 5,000 TON LIEBHERR CRANE CRASHES DURING LOAD TEST ON ORION 1 INSTALLATION VESSEL 04th May 2020