DRILLSHIP VALARIS DS-12 AWARDED FOUR-WELL CONTRACT BY BP OFFSHORE EGYPT
Valaris announced that drillship VALARIS DS-12 has been awarded a four-well contract with BP offshore Egypt. The contract is expected to commence late in the third quarter or early in the fourth quarter 2023 and has an estimated duration of 320 days. The estimated total contract value, inclusive of a mobilization fee, is $136.4 million.
President and Chief Executive Officer Anton Dibowitz said, “We are honored that BP has chosen VALARIS DS-12 for their upcoming development campaign offshore Egypt. The rig has a long and successful track record with the customer, having worked for BP in several locations offshore Africa, including Egypt, over the past three and a half years. We look forward to partnering with BP on another successful campaign.”
Mr. Dibowitz added, “We retain significant operating leverage to the improving deepwater market through our fleet of 11 drillships, including three uncontracted high-specification rigs VALARIS DS-7, DS-8 and DS- 11, plus attractively priced purchase options for newbuild rigs VALARIS DS-13 and DS-14.”
Valaris DS-12 is an ultra-deepwater drillship built by Daewoo at Okpo Shipard in South Korea in 2014. The drillship is currently drilling for bp offshore Mauritania.
(Source: Valaris – Image: Valaris DS-12 offshore Mauritania/Kosmos Energy)
- QATAR ENERGY AND SINOPEC SIGN 27-YEAR LNG SUPPLY AGREEMENT 22nd November 2022
- SCHLUMBERGER CHANGES ITS NAME TO SLB TO DRIVE THE FUTURE OF ENERGY 25th October 2022
- ADNOC BREAKS RECORD FOR THE LONGEST WELL EVER DRILLED 21st October 2022
- SAIPEM AWARDED BY QATARGAS ITS LARGEST SINGLE CONTRACT IN THE COMPANY HISTORY 20th October 2022
- CAMECO AND BROOKFIELD FORM PARTNERSHIP TO ACQUIRE WESTINGHOUSE ELECTRIC 17th October 2022
- SIEMENS GAMESA SG 14-222 DD WIND TURBINE PRODUCED 359 MW WITHIN 24 HOUR 14th October 2022